Possible Purchase Vizio 42" VO420E Black Vertical Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Purchase Vizio 42" VO420E Black Vertical Band

This is the best I can do for now, for those that think I'm wasting your time (SORRY!) but for those that can and want to reply, any Ideas on this one?

Thanks In Advance
    Attached Files

Re: Possible Purchase Vizio 42" VO420E Black Vertical Band

Bad panel! Don't touch it!

Any TVs which are dead etc? Those are the easiest to repair. Start tracing where voltages disappear, or something...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom66! So basically any LCD with any width size vertical lines is most likely to be a bad panel, is that usually the case? does this apply to Plasmas as well?

Comment

Yes. And yes.

I also saw a Samsung 50 inch plasma on sale on Gumtree (free ad site like Craigslist.) It was a bad panel but from the photo I immediately knew that the guy had broken it accidentally while trying to repair another fault. Half the screen was black apart from a few white lines I'll call "fuzzies" -- these weren't solid, but intermittent. The only way that happens is if you disconnect the address connector and plug it in while the set is running. BANG! goes the panel drivers, and suddenly half the screen doesn't work.
        Last edited by tom66; 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I forgot to ask, Is it just black vertical lines or any color? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterD View Post
            I forgot to ask, Is it just black vertical lines or any color? Thanks!
            Any vertical lines

Comment

Any vertical line. It means the driver IC for that area of the screen is fried. A single line is a fried output on the driver but the rest of the IC works. A black or white bar is a completely fried driver. And the drivers are bonded to the panel.

edit: Pentium beat me to it.
              Last edited by tom66; 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah but you gave a thorough description of why

Comment

I recently repaired a 42" Vizio LCD/LED Edge by replacing the T-CON Board, it had been working great for 2 weeks but on Thanksgiving Day it had been on for probably 12 hours when two faint black vertical lines about 2" apart appeared in the very middle of the screen, I had it on a cable channel, tried several channels and it was the same on all of them. Turned TV Off for a few minutes then back on, the lines disappeared and have not returned yet.
                  (keeping my fingered crossed) with the tv being on several hours at a time.

Comment

May just be bad tab bonds if they are transient.

Comment

Where are the Tab Bonds Located?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcqDQFqZHo&t=55s

Comment

Awesome Video, Thanks!

Comment

I have a vizio that almost looks the same as the first pic. The difference is it is the whole left side. When I leave it on for about 30 -45 mins. it works great. Is there a shot that it is the tcon board? I was wondering this because of it working fine when it runs for a while. Any ideas will be very helpful. Thank You in advance

Comment

Working...
                            X