X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 22" LCD display black out. E228WFPC

Originally posted by badcaps128
    Hi Bobdee,

I checked them again, they are Elites. I wish I had Nippons like you.
    Thanks all for their help. I am going to order all of them from digikey, can anyone suggest any good brand?

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Bobdee
    They are not Elites
    If there are Elites I eat my hat and give many appologies LOL
    Bob, Please post a pic of the hat eating thing. I can do without the apologies
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
      Bob, Please post a pic of the hat eating thing. I can do without the apologies
      Hello Eduardo
      Nice to hear from you again
      Can't say a lot at moment, got something stuck in my gob LOL
      Anyway I am allowed a few mistakes, I am just a retired Carpenter/joiner with a Hobby in monitors not a Technician (always willing to learn)
      As is said by someone on the forum often (A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS) or something like that
      Take a look at this one
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...chmentid=12350
      The cap that is right of the copper inductor and the cap behind the inductor
      Please read what you see under the 16v 1000uf on those two caps, I see Chemi-Con logo and KY or KV
      But as I have said I am a willing learner so if I am wrong please tell me, Unlike some I would prefer to be told than allowed to make a ###hole of myself LOL
      Thanks
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
        Hello Eduardo
        Nice to hear from you again
        Can't say a lot at moment, got something stuck in my gob LOL
        Anyway I am allowed a few mistakes, I am just a retired Carpenter/joiner with a Hobby in monitors not a Technician (always willing to learn)
        As is said by someone on the forum often (A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS) or something like that
        Take a look at this one
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...chmentid=12350
        The cap that is right of the copper inductor and the cap behind the inductor
        Please read what you see under the 16v 1000uf on those two caps, I see Chemi-Con logo and KY or KV
        But as I have said I am a willing learner so if I am wrong please tell me, Unlike some I would prefer to be told than allowed to make a ###hole of myself LOL
        Thanks
        Bob
        I know. I was just kidding.
        I am (well, used to be) a software developer and now I am a Bank Teller : nothing to do with electronics. I've received some from Toasty and others around here, either openly in the forum or via PMs. I Don't complain, as I've learned a lot from PCBONEZ, Toasty, PlainBill, Wizard, Willa, Krankshaft, you and others, either by direct comments, advice, pictures, observations and links. That's one of the best parts of this forum : even people like me that didn't make (or don't make) a living from electronics can help other members.
        I too am a willing learner, and is good to know that someone at the other side of the ocean remember my name.
        I just hope you were using a small hat Bob !
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
          I know. I was just kidding.
          I am (well, used to be) a software developer and now I am a Bank Teller : nothing to do with electronics. I've received some from Toasty and others around here, either openly in the forum or via PMs. I Don't complain, as I've learned a lot from PCBONEZ, Toasty, PlainBill, Wizard, Willa, Krankshaft, you and others, either by direct comments, advice, pictures, observations and links. That's one of the best parts of this forum : even people like me that didn't make (or don't make) a living from electronics can help other members.
          I too am a willing learner, and is good to know that someone at the other side of the ocean remember my name.
          I just hope you were using a small hat Bob !
          Hello again Eduardo
          Thanks for reply
          I owe a lot to the members you mention and many others like Davmax and yourself etc, by direct or indirect help
          When I joined this forum I knew zilch about monitors and even less about electronic circuits boards, so what I do know now is what this forum taught me through its members and lots of reading old threads
          All I wanted to do was save those chemi_cons from being replaced if they did not need to be replaced, I though when everbody Knew they were C/Cons they would check other things out first, but as usual I dropped myself in the sh#te
          Never mind no doubt I will make a few more errors in my time
          Many Thanks
          Bob

Comment

Hello All, this is my first post. I am a retired electronics design engineer living in the Caribbean.

I also have exactly the same E228WFPC with the same problem as the OP.
            Green light stays on, but the image comes up for only 2 seconds after I turn on the monitor. With no signal connected, I can see the power on image moving around the screen with a flashlight so the digital drive circuits are working.

My inverter board clearly has Elite capacitors on it. None of them have any bulges or venting, however. Is it worth ordering Panasonic FM caps from DigiKey and recapping the board or just ordering a replacement unit?

Hi all,

I am trying to recap del 22" LCD monitor. The symptoms are:

Lcd monitor works fine for first few minutes, then blacks out. I can see the image with flash light thought. Then I unplug and plug back in the power cord of LCD to turn it back ON. After several tries the time decrease from few minutes to seconds. Finally it will turn ON for 2-3 seconds and blacks out. I am not sure if it is inverter or bad capacitors.

By looking at capacitors, I can't notice any bulge or burn signs. I do have fluke DMM with capacitance measurement capability. Not sure how to use it though.

I have added two pictures for you experts out there to give me some suggestions. I do order components from digikey once in a while for hobby electronics and can order recommended capacitors. If someone can circle the picture and let me know what capacitors I need to replace I and go from there on. Or any other advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alll for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by windeguy
              Hello All, this is my first post. I am a retired electronics design engineer living in the Caribbean.

I also have exactly the same E228WFPC with the same problem as the OP.
              Green light stays on, but the image comes up for only 2 seconds after I turn on the monitor. With no signal connected, I can see the power on image moving around the screen with a flashlight so the digital drive circuits are working.

My inverter board clearly has Elite capacitors on it. None of them have any bulges or venting, however. Is it worth ordering Panasonic FM caps from DigiKey and recapping the board or just ordering a replacement unit?
              Recap.
              • Windows 10 Pro x64
              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Hey Guys!

Finally I replaced all the caps shown in the picture expect the big one on the right hand side. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. LCD blacks out after few minutes, however I can see it's active when I throw some light on the it. Any clues?

Thanks all
                :-)

Comment

Hey Guys!

Finally I replaced all the caps shown in the picture expect the big one on the right hand side. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. LCD blacks out after few minutes, however I can see it's active when I throw some light on the it. Any clues?

Thanks all
                  :-)
                  Yes, except for the ratehr long delay (is it really a few minutes?) this sounds like the 'two seconds to black' problem. We'll troubleshoot accordingly. The first step is to take a good picture of the back of the power supply / inverter card. The prime area of interest is the area including the inverter transformers and the connectors to the CCFLs. I'll be indicating some points to test.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi PlainBilll,

Yes it takes 2-3 minutes to blackout. Gradually, blackout time starts shrinking and it gets down to 5-10 seconds. I have to recycle the power in order to bring it back to light up. I attached more pictures of it hopefully that will give some clues.

Thanks

Comment

Hi PlainBilll,

Yes it takes 2-3 minutes to blackout. Gradually, blackout time starts shrinking and it gets down to 5-10 seconds. I have to recycle the power in order to bring it back to light up. I attached more pictures of it hopefully that will give some clues.

Thanks
                      What did you use as replacements?
                      • Windows 10 Pro x64
                      • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I used Panasonic ECG FM series Caps. For example:

Digi-Key Part Number P12366-ND

Comment

No reply? So I have to recycle my monitor now?... :-(

Comment

Working...
                          X