Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Thunderbird email client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Thunderbird email client?

Having a strange problem with Mozilla Thunderbird. Lately, it has decided to archive most of the email that comes into my inbox. Meaning, I have emails in the archives that came in this morning. Any idea how to change this? It could also be some sort of flag on the Gmail account it's checking, but I don't know what. I do also get these accounts delivered to my phone, but I rarely read the emails on there... just open the account and look at the headers.
    Ludicrous gibs!

Re: Any experience with Thunderbird email client?

I don't use Thunderbird for 1 reason:
    -It doesn't sync properly with Hotmail. Meaning if I read something in Thunderbird it doesn't show in Hotmail that I've read it. So I switched to Windows Live Mail 2011.
    -Hotmail has a "POP Deleted" folder on it. For example, my mom uses the Mail program on her MacBook to connect to her Hotmail account. When she deletes something from there, it shows up in Hotmail.com online interface in the POP Deleted" folder. Maybe something similar in Gmail, that it doesn't want to sync properly???

Comment

I use thunderbird for our family PC's email and have never heard of such a problem before.

For my main PC I use outlook.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

for me, I use evolution for the fedora half of my laptop and I use windows live mail on my other devices. no issues.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Never heard of the problem either, and ive been using thunderbird since the start basically. Im guessing its a setting somewhere that is somehow wrong. Wouldnt know what it would be called though.

Have a look under account settings, there are a few settings relating to archive and such there.

Comment

is your date/time set right?

Tools -> Accounts -> (select account) -> Copies and folders -> Archive Messages -> Archive Options
            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
            X