Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell gx110 won't shut down

hi
    i have a dell gx110 tower, when you tell xp to shut down it does then it boots right back up buy it's self. the only way to shut it down is to pull the power cord between shutting down and reboot, has anyone came across this before? i also have two hp sff that so the same thing, all three computers run fine they just won't shut down with the switch or xp lol

Re: dell gx110 won't shut down

Sounds like the "wake-on-LAN" function. Does it stay off if you unplug the cat cable?
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: dell gx110 won't shut down

i have had this issue, My D530 SFF did that when the bios/cmos pill battery died.

yea i have ran into my fair share of wake-on-lan fun.

Comment

update Re: dell gx110 won't shut down

so after reading these post i unplugged it and walked away and forgot about it lol this machine was a back up xp/win98se so i needed win98 i plunged it back in after 3 or 4 mouths and it booted into the bios, battery went dead, replaced battery and set all my setting in the bios , booted it into xp rebooted in to win98 used it and it shut down normally i never had wol set up on this computer but i think resetting the bios when the battery went dead fixed it lol

Comment

Working...
        X