• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. thanks for accepting me on the site

Comment

Hello, I am Jim (James) from Peachtree city, Georgia. I am a retired Electronic Technician. I did not work on circuits at the component level. I was a glorified circuit pack puller, My work was fun while it lasted. I started writing small, basic program on a teletype hook to a small mainframe on a college campus some place in Florida. I move from there to teach my kid about the C64 basic and machine language. Then my sons I stepped up the clocking ladder together. This all that know. Thanks for letting me into your site.

Comment

New Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mint Waxed View Post
          New Post

Comment

First post . I joined so I can see the pictures posted in threads. I usually have more answers than questions or time.

Comment

Hiiii

Comment

Originally posted by GujuNilesh View Post
                Hiiii

welcome feel free to ask any question or just have fun...

Comment

:violĂ­n::violĂ­n::violĂ­n:
                  Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hello everyone... I ran across your site will trying to find a answer on what was the problem with my Samsung LED TV.

I am in electronics myself, although I would say more jack of all trade master of none. I also repair pc, either desktops or laptops. I am more into the hardware side of it, my wife does the software.

As you might tell from my name I live in the country and enjoy the piece and quit, but don't like all the work that comes with it. Working on tractors, bush hog, outdoor boilers, grain elevator and everything else the wife adds to the list. Now adding TV repairman to the list. Ok, so can I have some cheese to go with my wine.

Thanks for letting me into your group.

Comment

Hi everyone... I have been a lurker for a while and have used the site for tips and and tricks to fix problems.

I have repaired a wide variety of electronic devices, although I would say I am more jack of all trades, but not quite a master of any one area. I have repaired many pcs, macs, laptops, tablets, phones. etc.

Comment

Hola mi nombre es cachivaches
                        tratando de dar solucion a problemas de bios

Comment

Hi all
                          I've used the forums a few times now. So I thought I should sign up.
                          Mechanic to trade and love my electric's.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member. Found this site while I was looking for info on how to fix my tv. I was a service tech for about 40 forty years and now enjoy retirement (although the kids keep asking me to fix their stuff). I also enjoy trouble shooting problems and finding solutions.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a retired electrical engineer who likes to fix things. I am fixing TVs to help people and maintain my technical skills. Thanks.

Comment

muchas gracias por aceptarme en el foro estare lo disponible de compartir e intercambiar mis conocimientos, saludos.

Comment

Here I am, a freshman, Bancku, From shangHai Yongming Electronic Co. Ltd, who is specialized in Aluminium Electronic Capacitor Manufacturing. BADCAPS FORUM sounds not too BAD, in fact.

Comment

Greetings,

15 year tech support cubicle dweller here. Tired of working on someone else's time.

Always been a fixer/tinkerer. Loved taking stuff apart to see how it worked/fixing things.

I have taken an interest in electronics repair, recently become fixated on micro-soldering/motherboard repair.

Comment

Hi, I am an electrical engineer.
                                      I repair, rebuild old/vintage HiFi equipment. The caps verifying, changing is a general activity.

Comment

Hello!

I usually do software and network troubleshooting, but I'm branching out. Found my way here looking for information on fixing up a monitor that I rescued from a dumpster.

See yall around!

-Wolf

Comment

tnx for welcome here....God bless us all...

Comment

Working...
                                          X