Sharp lc-70c6500u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp lc-70c6500u

Picture had horizontal lines and color problems. While trying to reset with Sharp on the phone TV stops working. Status light flashes 2 then 5. Scoured the net for a verified solution to no avail. New Tcon board installed as a shotgun move but problem remains. Visual of power board passed, no leaking or swelling caps, fuse is good. Tried the resets recommended here and on other sites. I can stop the flashing but no picture. Flashing 2-5 returns when device is unplugged and plugged in again. Can not find a manual to complete voltage checks on power board.
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Sharp lc-70c6500u

Try looking for a LC-70LE650u, should be the same.

Power failure details (Flashes slowly twice and flashes fast)
    PANEL_POW Panel 12V failure Flashes fast 5 times DET_PNL12V failure (L). Panel power is not applied.
    Last edited by R_J; 11-08-2014, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I suspect a damaged panel, Disconnect the 2 ribbon cables from the panel to the t-con board, then power on the tv, It should turn on with backlight. then you can inspect the lcd screen for damage.

Comment

R J,
        Found one of five ribbon connectors to panel blown/shorted. Any chance of finding one or two of these and replace it?
        Thanks
        Bill

Comment

I too have this TV and checked the service manual for the flashing led error code. Service manual states 12v power supply issue so I replaced the power supply and still have the same issue. I have disconnected the T-Con board and TV back light comes on. Inspected the LCD but couldn't find any damage to screen. I have gotten one side of the screen to work by just removing one ribbon to the T-Con board. So I'm thinking the problem is in the screen itself or one of the boards which the LCD panel is tabbed too.

Does anyone know exactly what the problem may be? The internet is riddle with complaints of people with this TV having the same issue. Is it the tabbing or one of the boards that's connected to the panel?
          Last edited by johniwad; 03-10-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

its likely the "standard" tab issue. There are many threads on this forum in and around this. The set can be "saved" by determining which side is the bad side causing the set to turn off. This is determination is done by removing either flex cable (one of each corner of the set - lower right or lower left corner) and seeing what happens. One side removed will likely result in no picture while removing the other side will result is an almost "good picture" (dark on one side but visible, along with perhaps some horizontal lines). The "process" then moves to removing the tab drivers / cables going to te panel on that side. Search thru the forum for further details. NOTE: this "process" IS NOT reversible so be very careful on you proceed.... but also note that numerous people have saved their set using this process.

Comment

I too had the 2-5 error code on my lc-70le650u about three weeks ago. I found this site and read alot of the posts and found out that I did indeed have the burned out tab issue. I peeled them off the bad side and after putting things back together, WOW!!!. The set works like new. Amazing. I think the wife is a little disappointed as now we don't have to buy a new set. Oh well. Will have to see how long the "repair" lasts. It's been 4 days now.

Thanks for all of the great info from the badcaps veterans. My set would have ended up on the curb if I had not found this site.

Comment

the "bad" news is that you aren't likely to get a new tv soon as the "save" seems to last a long time... :-) glad you saved it from the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by mykh View Post
                  I too had the 2-5 error code on my lc-70le650u about three weeks ago. I found this site and read alot of the posts and found out that I did indeed have the burned out tab issue. I peeled them off the bad side and after putting things back together, WOW!!!. The set works like new. Amazing. I think the wife is a little disappointed as now we don't have to buy a new set. Oh well. Will have to see how long the "repair" lasts. It's been 4 days now.

Thanks for all of the great info from the badcaps veterans. My set would have ended up on the curb if I had not found this site.
                  UPDATE: It is now April 2017 and everything is still working fine.

Comment

2nd update Oct. 2017 screen went bad. I have a couple of horizontal bands going across the entire screen and the picture is poor. Time to go shopping.

Comment

:-(
                      I guess your wife will be happy now.... wonder if she did something to help it along... :-)
                      good luck on your next set... "tabs" can happen at any time.... :-(

Comment

Could someone post a link to the service manual. I have this same TV and local repair facility claims it's the panel but panels are not available. Hoping to salvage this TV as I wasn't quite ready to replace it (we barely use this particular set).

any help is greatly appreciated. I'm heading downstairs to check the blink codes now.

Held the Vol+ and Ch- keys while plugging in the power. Display comes on to snow/black lines. HDMI is connected to a source as well, but no picture. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
                        Last edited by baldpope; 11-02-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I was able to pull the back panel off and expose the rear components. I took a couple of quick pics

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...MVHn0vUgURU2S1

Video is sometimes snow, sometimes I can get the menu to display (though barely legible).

Comment

This model has a high Main Video board chip failure rate. I usually send them off to PTS Electronics for rebuild. It also has a inadequate steel chassis to prevent panel flex so we also see a lot of bad panels as well. Keep the backlight levels down too.

Comment

Well I got the replacement TCON board in and swapped it out, though admittedly it had no effect. I learned after I ordered it there was a couple of sure-fire ways to tell it was not the problem; lesson learned.

Not sure about replacing the main video board. I've already dropped $50 at the TV repair shop, and another 50 on this TCON. Not sure if it's worth finding a main video board as you stated.

If someone had examples of how to test/trouble shoot that component, then sure I'd keep playing with it. Or if some body had one laying around, maybe I'd ask to borrow it to confirm, but probably done spending money on this thing.

Comment

it is quite likely that you have the "standard bad panel / tab failure" based on the quick look of the pictures. :-( you can readily check this by disconnecting cables (one at a time) at the tcon to panel and see what the result is. Depending on the outcome, you can go from there. there are lots on thread on sharp large tv with this issue. A number of people have "saved" their set by permanently removing the bad tabs IF that is the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X