No announcement yet.

Is the grounding in my house normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the grounding in my house normal?

Originally posted by Searinox View Post
    I know the problems of reviving an old thread but I use google for my problems A LOT and I know many others do, so I'd like to leave this here for whoever has similar issues in the future, especially with a problem as odd and cryptical as mine.

I finally bought a new power supply. And the buzzing disappeared. Forever. No more TV tuner acting as ground, nothing. Back to normal as it's always been.

Conclusion: My issue was a combination of old PSU current filter and lack of grounding. Fixing ANY of the two will fix the problem.
    I have to fix a filter to my electronic halogen lamp ballast at my workbench, it makes my DMM give me false readings! Used the DMM set to measure hertz, with light off the mains reads 60hz, and with the lights on it reads around 900hz

-Ben
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Re: Is the grounding in my house normal?

Originally posted by Searinox View Post
      Conclusion: My issue was a combination of old PSU current filter and lack of grounding. Fixing ANY of the two will fix the problem.
      If I understand this, you have fixed the buzzing in the speakers but still have dodgy wiring, lack of grounding etc?

If so, FIX IT.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
      X