Isolation Transformer-Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isolation Transformer-Will this work?

I need an isolation transformer to do tv repair. Will this on work and can it be modified to work for TV repair on primary side?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hammond-Line-...item3f4b7d4862

Re: Isolation Transformer-Will this work?

Looks like it will but take note you will need a 230/240V input to output 115/120V.
    If you feed it 120V you will only get 60V out.
    It should support reverse operation as a step-up transformer, with 120V in on the secondary giving 240V out.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hammond-Isola...49441378&rt=nc
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

If your handy with a grinder and a welder you can make your own out of a pair of microwave oven transformers. Just make sure they are identical cut the seam weld on the top of the laminated core, gently coax out the primary coil and replace the secondary coil in the other transformer, spot weld back together and wire in a cord on one side and a plug on the other. Mine was made of all recycled parts for free.
        Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

I made one out of an old microwave transformer years ago, I just chopped out the secondary winding and re-wound it, I can't remember the wire size I used but it worked out to be about 1 volt per turn. The transformer does run a bit hot due to the welded laminations.
          Now I use a large transformer and isolate the whole bench.

Comment

Working...
          X