ViewSonic N2750W - 0 secs to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ViewSonic N2750W - 0 secs to black

RadioShack T-RMS DMM #2200075 it is new less than a week.

Now that you suspect that the meter may be faulty I tried my other meter and obtained similar results.
    Commercial Electric MS8260A
    I can post pics of the display when I take pics of the board later this evening.

Comment

That would be helpful, maybe it has an odd display.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If the reading changes when you test things, it probably isn't faulty, probably just has a different way of showing open circuit than other meters.

My Metex and Fluke say 0.L for an open circuit but my cheap Dick Smith meter shows a 1 in the leftmost digit and all other digits are blank.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by zedron View Post
          Yep positive.

Once I touch them together it goes to .1 Ohms
          Are you sure it doesn't say 0F in ohms mode? Some Radio Shack meters use 0F to indicate "infinity, open loop", etc.

If it truly says 0 and not 0F, you have a faulty meter.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
            If the reading changes when you test things, it probably isn't faulty, probably just has a different way of showing open circuit than other meters.
            If a meter used 0 to designate an open circuit on the display, it would lead to a lot of confusion and potential death.

A picture from the OP is worth a thousand words.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Tiny caveat. It does read 0F for loop. I was stating 0 as it was giving a reading of no Ohms/No resistance but thinking in my head open loop. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

So you do have some blown 3A fuses, so you have some shorted out MOSFET's that drive those inverter transformers.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Instead of messing with it I bought an inverter board from shopjimmy for $20. So far I would have replaced 3 bad caps on the main board and the inverter board. If this doesn't do it does anyone want a TV?

Comment

Working...
                  X