Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, BENQ DV3250-SA

Looking for some help, im new to this.
    I just got a benQ DV3250 that someone was getting rid of because the screen wont work. Took the thing apart last night and I can't tell if any of the caps are bad, ive seen toasted caps before and all these (that i can see) look fine. Is there some other way of testing each cap? Or maybe thats not my problem.
    When i turn the tv on, i can hear the fan start up in the back and the screen flicks on for a second then goes black.

Re: Help, BENQ DV3250-SA

Originally posted by xrockonx View Post
    Looking for some help, im new to this.
    I just got a benQ DV3250 that someone was getting rid of because the screen wont work. Took the thing apart last night and I can't tell if any of the caps are bad, ive seen toasted caps before and all these (that i can see) look fine. Is there some other way of testing each cap? Or maybe thats not my problem.
    When i turn the tv on, i can hear the fan start up in the back and the screen flicks on for a second then goes black.
    Caps are best tested with an ESR meter (such as Bob Parker's Blue ESR meter), or with something like RusMike's combo ESR and capacitance meter (look in the 'Test Equipment' subforum). Don't forget, many manufacturers have figured out how to produce caps that fail without any visible signs.

The symptoms you describe sound like 'Two Seconds to Black', which can have a number of causes, including bad caps (especially in the inverter), a bad CCFL, bad wiring to the CCFLs, or a bad transformer.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

thanks, ill start testing caps. Anyone have a technical manual for this tv? i cant seem to find one online

Comment

Did you ever find out the problem with your tv? I have the same problem. I can hear the fan start when I turn the power on and it does a quick attempt to turn on while making this electrical flicker sound while the screen flashes quickly but then screen goes black again.

Comment

You have got to be having a laugh

This thread is 3 years old!!! If you want someone to help you will need to
          open your set up take a good clear picture of the insides showing the setup then good clear well lit but not flash pictures of each board.
          Have a look at other tv posts and see what is generally required.
          Sounds like it could be Bad bulbs/ wiring so first thing to try is to unplug
          clean where possible an replug all connectors
          Say what you electronic experience is and if you have a multimeter/soldering equipment.
          Was it your set - any history leading up to failure.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
          X