Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls help. don't get the chance to meassure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pls help. don't get the chance to meassure....

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
    u can use pwm regulator to put down temp an air velocity on that paint gun.
    To hold down the paint gun precisely is also a difficulty for me, thx, but I better go for the air gun.

Also a next problem: I tried to make jigs for the gun, but when I go smaller than 8mm I will loose to much of heat and 8 mm is to large for many components.
    Last edited by hansie55; 05-06-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys,
      Finally got my hotair station today. Baku 858D. But I noticed that I need a lot of practice.
      It is very difficult to get the airflow and the temp right. I watched many YouTube video's and followed their advice, but I can not get it right yet. Can somebody tell me if there is a setting that is good for all instead of changing every-time?
      I was told by DJ_Ricoh that 380 degrees and airflow 2 is the best, but that seems to low for the Ic's with ground plate. Do you than raise the temp or keep temp and hold on longer time or raise the airflow?
      Last edited by hansie55; 05-29-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

wait!

i said that setup its for hot air station with COMPRESSOR built in!

this is ventilator base!
        i got a BAKU 858 to but yellow . simple BK 858 and the power its lower . it feels like it does not have that juice like a compressor Base.

Now if you use it for SMD on mainboard(laptop) the only thing you modify its the temp.

because on both stations if you pump up the air you will have a chance to blow off the components.

i`ll suggest to test it on a scrap board and lift up like 20% of the components of and see what type of settings you need to have do to the job under 2 MIN.

i told you that settings with 380c with air level 2 with compressor inside and you can lift the component in 1MIN.(aside from KBC ofc )
        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Thanks DJ-Ricoh, I know it is a simple one, but that is all I can do for now. I have enough mobo's to try and I will follow you instructions and let you know the result.

Comment

The most effective position I find is 360 degr with airspeed 4. Most components come off in 30 seconds. Is this too hot?

Comment

Originally posted by hansie55 View Post
              The most effective position I find is 360 degr with airspeed 4. Most components come off in 30 seconds. Is this too hot?
              As long as the board doesn't bubble (Popcorning) or burn you are good.

My advice as I work with BGA is to get that board heated first... You want to warm it up to 100c gently at first just to get moisture out (All boards and chips will absorb moisture over time and of course water boils at 100c turning into gas... of course it expands and if trapped causes popcorning)

As long as you keep checking to see if the solder has melted the you are safe as the solder melts at 217c for unleaded or 183c for leaded... therefore no matter what setting you have the gun on (As long as its not silly like 480c!) you won't be getting anything above the temps it can handle.

Comment

Thanks newtothis, this is reassuring. the whole affair is pretty frightening

Now it is time to put back the QFN TPS51125 back. I cleaned the place as best I could, but I can't get it tin-free because there are to much components towork good with desolder wick. Do I only work with flux 223 now or do I use solder paste?
                Last edited by hansie55; 05-30-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Now it is time to put back the QFN TPS51125.
                    I cleaned the place as best I could, but I can't get it tin-free because there are to much components towork good with desolder wick.

Do I only work with flux 223 now or do I use solder paste?

Somebody could answer this Pls?

Comment

Working...
                    X