Jvc jlc32bc3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jvc jlc32bc3000

This TV powers up normally if it has been unplugged for an hour or so. The TV will work for as long as you keep it on. After you turn it off it will not come back on. I have replaced the caps on the power board to no effect.

Re: Jvc jlc32bc3000

Can you show us some pictures of the power supply? Do you have a digital multimeter?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I used photo bucket because the pics are big.

here is the power supply

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_1935.jpg

Here is a better look at the connector

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_1936.jpg

And here is the main board

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_1937.jpg

Comment

I do have a multimeter and if you tell me what you need I would be happy to test it. the TV has been unplugged sense yesterday so it might even come on.

Comment

What were the original caps -- were they similar to the brown colour of the main big cap? I think the caps you have used as replacements are possibly worse than the originals.

And wow, it looks like it might be a re-badged Vizio TV, given the AmTRAN main board.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

New caps look like Elite.
            Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by gilly1984 View Post
              New caps look like Elite.
              Yes, and Elite capacitors are very far from "Elite".

Comment

Yep, forget which thing i was looking at that had them.

Comment

Interesting... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...125181189.html

Comment

Is sam young a make of caps?

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-0500-...t-inverter.htm

Hover over to enlarge the caps.

Comment

Is sam young a make of caps?

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-0500-...t-inverter.htm

Hover over to enlarge the caps.
                      Yeah, but most of them are Chemicon, which are good. Samyoung are iffy, but usually OK if not abused.

Comment

So, were they the originals, or does shopjimmy upgrade them before selling on?

Comment

So, were they the originals, or does shopjimmy upgrade them before selling on?
                          They are most likely originals.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            Last message on this guys thread, unless i can help more.

But i always thought JVC was crap? There stuff seems really plastic(y) and cheap. Well, at least there pmpo all in one hifi's are anyway.

Comment

Last message on this guys thread, unless i can help more.

But i always thought JVC was crap? There stuff seems really plastic(y) and cheap. Well, at least there pmpo all in one hifi's are anyway.
                              No, it's pretty decent -- as long as it's not the rebadged stuff, which in the UK is Vestel and UMC. But they still make 40", 46" and 52" LCD/LED sets, entirely by themselves, and they have excellent caps in them and good build quality. Also their CRTs are well made, and were previously UK made.

Comment

Decent brands should keep all there own stuff inside, like the philips tv i am fixing. Everything is philips inside. Even most ic chips have philips on them. It is 7-8 years old though.

Comment

Decent brands should keep all there own stuff inside, like the philips tv i am fixing. Everything is philips inside. Even most ic chips have philips on them. It is 7-8 years old though.
                                  Yeah, they should, but there's more money re-badging cheap tat. Thing is, this stuff will die a few years down the line, customers will be pissed, and never buy JVC/Toshiba/Sharp again (all rebadge some LCD models.)

I bet the other ICs have NXP on them, it was founded by Philips to take over their semiconductor division.

Comment

alright thank you all it was good info. but the power dose not seem to be the problem. is it possible that the signaling circuit for power on/off is stuck in some way? if so where and how do I identify the offending part. also this is not the first time I have worked on an LCD this one just behaves strangely. and as for the caps I used (Lelon) I got the cheapest ones I can find, if I have to do it again later I will definitely ask here first.
                                    Last edited by Nam3o; 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Never use the cheapest you can find. After a while on this forum i have come to the conclusion that if it doesn't say "Rubycon" "Nichicon" United chemicon" or "panasonic" on it then it could probably do with replacing with one of them brands.

Are the caps you used even low esr? The caps you replaced have probably aged, with them aging have most likely gone too high in esr and caused your problem, then you have replaced them with caps that have crap esr anyway so you are left with the same problem?

Comment

I would say the Chemicon and Samyoung were probably OK to start with. Cheap caps will be a problem in a year's time. PSU will work even with Radioshack caps, just not for long.

OP -- please test the Remote ON/OFF pin.

You should find that the ON/OFF pin changes voltage when you press the power button.

Check if it does this when in the faulty condition too.

Comment

Working...
                                        X