Jvc jlc32bc3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jvc jlc32bc3000

will not turn on at all. the power led is on but that's no change.

Comment

You say it stopped turning on reliably -- does this mean it would turn on once in a while, but not always? Did it get slowly worse over time?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Nam3o View Post
          correct.
          OK, I am going to bed now (lecture at 9am) but I will give you this video to go through:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFzBJELFoU

Please test all the regulators like norcal outlines. It's a different chassis, but Vizio (and Vizio parts) are well known for regulator problems.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

well I may have killed it good now. I was testing voltage at the regulators and may have shorted out something. now the front LED IS OFF and when I plug in the power the speakers pop. also the F3A fuse is blown.

Comment

You may be lucky; check both ends of the F3A fuse to ground, and if they're greater than about 10 ohms, replace the fuse. If your probe just slipped, it likely only blew the fuse. (You can solder a new fuse across it, or temporarily use a car fuse with wires soldered to it.)

Comment

I replaced the PSU with one from Shop Jimmy. still no progress. main board issue?

Comment

I might just buy this but would like to fix the old one

http://www.shopjimmy.com/tvs/interna...lc32bc3000.htm

Comment

The PSU was probably fine (it is nearly impossible to break a TV PSU by slipping the probe -- the power supplies are short circuit protected); you should test the old one.

$75 is a lot to spend on a 32".

Comment

I did get it for free

Comment

how do I troubleshoot the main board?

Comment

Can you post a picture of it?

Comment

let me know what else you need
                            Attached Files

Comment

Test all the voltage regulators as indicated in this thread:
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22231

Comment

this regulator has .1mV on all the pins
                                Attached Files

Comment

That is fine, no input == no output

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering what became of this. Did you ever fix the main board issue? Did you replace the main board? Did you ever get this set working again, or is it headed for the trash?

I picked up one of these sets with the same issues all the way down to the last step. I found I could turn mine off and back on with the power button but if I allowed it to put itself to sleep then it would not come back. In which case I have to let it sit for an hour before it will come back on.

Please tell me you found a solution. I would really like to know if you replaced the mainboard in this. Thanks.

Comment

Bumping this up

I just got one of these JVC/Vizio made panels. I have 5v but no 12v. Was this determined to be a mainboard issue?

I see there are EEPROM available and one of the causes could be tv will no power on. Mine sits with the red LED on and no change with remote or hitting the power button.

Comment

Check PS ON signal from main board. If low/missing, indicates it is a main board issue.

Comment

Working...
                                        X