vivo plasma no picture (samsung boards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vivo plasma no picture (samsung boards)

Hi this 40" plasma picture went straight off while going, sound ok, remote ok. Internal green light was on flashing at regular interval but later now lights then clicks off. Suspected y main so replaced it today no go all still as was. Now suspect tcon or what it is called but appreciate any advices first. Not really value to fix but ......here we can buy same size led set $299 whereas board even direct from china $60/70.
    . And yes Tom its 2009 model and i have 2 of them other one still ok!!

Re: vivo plasma no picture (samsung boards)

Actually 42" (bad typing) and y sus board replaced. Not keen to swap boards out of good one just in case fault affects good componet on that board. Would like some idea of voltage readings to x and y boards as they seem to read ok from power board but not to y buffer when all connected. Tcon under main board difficult to get at while in circuit.

Comment

Advice is as dead as my picture or have I done something wrong?!!

Comment

Ok now established required voltages and read spot on until zmain connected when thet drop to next to nothing except for 15v line but with ybuffer disconnected got proper readings from ymain BUT then found these went away after a while. SO looks like power board has dry joint as voltage still high and reading ok at 2 big caps but not at output socket. Was testing volts at heat sink components and qp803 not reading but then my probe slipped and I blew a piece out of it!! My other set has now turned itself off twice but turns on ok again from remote straight away - we have high summer temps here - problem set often in 35-45 centigrade environment . Have ordered a power board from China and this will be my last attempt at getting it going. Other one will probably go bad soon - both 2009 models .

Comment

Well disappointed as same problem with different power board in that voltages are on the board but don't make it to vs output as they start running down quickly as soon as switched on and that is without any other boards connected.

Comment

Resurrected this TV with y buffer made one good PSB from the two I had and got the set going. Have only a VCR to attach which goes OK. Problem now is green red horizontal lines running thru picture and a bit of motor boating of sound from time to time. Next step will undo and reset all contacts from buffers and others inc tcon and report back again.

Comment

sounds like power issues if there's motor boating and the lines maybe from the mainboard as well. generally speaking the Samsungs have an auto-gen feature on logic ctrl board. if you isolated the main and ran that test and the lines went away then that may help fault finding this. AFAIK it'll auto gen different patterns.

You'll have to dig a bit to check on the procedure as I've never done it. Some board numbers may help track down the info from other models with the same panel.

Also if you put some pictures up of the lines.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Found a DVD player to connect and picture sound both ok. Seems i may have had vcr unit too close to tv which has back all uncovered while testing and probably getting hum from vcr motor. Have to take it upstairs for tv reception point , heavy plasma set, and wife and i in late seventies!!!

Comment

The 2008 Samsungs were very heavy as were most chassis, each year they got lighter

Comment

Has run for many hours now over 2 days without a problem. Time for the back panel to be put back on and cross the fingers!!

Comment

Working...
                    X