Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aspire5742zg .ask for shutdown and it just restart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aspire5742zg .ask for shutdown and it just restart.

well this machien is kind akward , on windows cheked everything on power management a also acpi drivers , all are ok . even after new windows install .
    when i press the on off button (insyde windows) or press the shutdown on the start menu , it sas shutding down , but the machine never shutdown , it simply restart !
    so cheked both bios KBC and system , flashed both , same problem , ok so replaced KB (i got a lot in stock) well the same , cheked the mains power controlers , system charger and step controler all seems fine as well .. so im kind curious what is making this happen !
    an sugestion will be welcome.

cheers

Re: aspire5742zg .ask for shutdown and it just restart.

the guy who shows me stuff in this department told me one thing that i follow it.
    Never mess with a notebook that is working over 90%.
    if you wanna use it and does NOT: dim the screen-leave it,does not charge the bat?-leave it, any small stuff that does not influence the performance of the notebook just leave it man; you will only find more trouble.

think like this: what happens if tomorrow does NOT power anymore?
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

well its a good point of view , but this is why we are technicians , we stud for something and we work for something , at least i speak for myself , i try everything to find out the solution , of course going in small steps to avoid damage something , but this is something weird , im here reading this schematic and cheking for the shutdown and suspend process to see were they pass , and what controle them , and were they pass thru , so its a hard job , but i love to dig around the schematic and understanding each time more what are the causes for stupid anormalities , just like this one .

i would not touch it , but my client is warned about this issue , and he want us to find a solution , so im here for it !

Comment

Try by removing the lan controller

Comment

good taught , i was thinking about this wake up lan process , good i refreshed and noticed you thinked the same . for such coincidence it will work :P

Comment

well a diferent action occured , now it shutdown even the leds , but turned on 2 second later
            its a move . soemthing else making the computer to turn on

Comment

nop it have done this only once , making exact the same!

Comment

Check the power button

Comment

Also check RTC circuit

Comment

You may be getting a BSOD on logout, so Windows reboots instead of shutting down.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

so if you remove the battery,
                      and power it up by plugging in the charger does it turn on?

if it does, unplug the panel with the power button and leds and try again.

these aspires can be a pain!

Comment

Wow...never seen this before (except soft issue)...looks like the mobo sets itslefs from S5 to another state...i doubt it will be a power button or pwr board as if it's continouesly sending signal to SIO/KBC it would hibernate or sleeps after logon...rtc is a good idea, but depends on architecture...could you post schematics???

Comment

When I say, power button, I mean (and I think is obvious) the circuitry of the power button. Also remove hdd and check if laptop restarts when you press the power button.

I suppose, this is the schematic https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...451ed125d1.pdf

Comment

im very carefull reading schematic and like i mentioned , all does test were carried forward , and nothing was showing anormalitys , cheked components for all circuit from to turning on , to all states envolved , making serious test , made me arrive to the BD intel chipset . since the power management section of the chip , is responsable for action as turning on and off the machine , replaced intel BD and its working

so i guess will be a good tip for the next one with similar problems
                            for my experience , i had a lot of issues in computeres with this chip . even not having image on a internal display and just on external , and was a fault with the VID part of the BD . so this chip's are really SH$% .

SOLVED , well at least on hirens it shuting dowm properly , let see in windows now . later i will give final feedback ..

thk guys

Comment

officialy SOLVED

Comment

Working...
                              X