Bestec [worstec] in HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bestec [worstec] in HP

Bestec ATX250-12Z-Rev D In HP pavilion a450n. Began giving client booting issues and finally quit after power outage in area. Opened it after failing to power up and found over half of caps leaking or swollen tops. At least it didn't give the chipset or cpu 'the spike of death' this model is known. This unit was approx 3 years old and undersized for the computer as configured from factory.
    Attached Files
    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Re: Bestec [worstec] in HP

As has been discussed in the "Bestec revisited" thread your HP issued Bestec appears to not have the problems or the problem reports that the eMachines issued Bestec do. The electrolytic caps near the A6351 chip are not visible in your photos? Any failures there?
    sig files are for morons

Comment

I won't own an HP on a bet.
      The desktop PSUs are cheap junk and the laptops overheat.

Comment

Originally posted by severach
        As has been discussed in the "Bestec revisited" thread your HP issued Bestec appears to not have the problems or the problem reports that the eMachines issued Bestec do. The electrolytic caps near the A6351 chip are not visible in your photos? Any failures there?
        The leaking caps are on the opposite side the the power supply, where the computer cables enter the supply. The A6351 chip is next to the small heatsink in the first photo and none of the caps next to it appear to be bad.
        Last edited by delaware74b; 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM. Reason: found details
        Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

The 12Z is not the killer. The 12E is, and possibly only the 250w model.

Toast
          veritas odium parit

Comment

Working...
          X