ATTEN 969 - Issues (ebay handle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTEN 969 - Issues (ebay handle)

Hey I am having some issues with a soldering handle cutting out and going to S/E on my soldering station.

Would love to know if anyone else has had issues with this.

It appears to come better when I move the black thing on the iron's circuit.

What function does this play?

I am unsure what this part is..

Re: ATTEN 969 - Issues (ebay handle)

S/E = probably sensor error which may be due to a broken wire in the harness.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Should there be any problem using a YAHUA 862D soldering station with this.

Are all pin outs the same for 5 pin soldering handles or does the wiring very in them?

Comment

this was out of the box.. is there any suggestions on what type of handle to get as a replacement I don't think I will buy one of these off this seller again..

So the sensor is a black part I don't know what to call it or where to get a replacement the iron can still be fixed I guess its only a sensor error I keep getting.

when I short it temperature reads 3. - 4. cycling.

Comment

I have a new handle but I am still getting a sensor error. 2nd handle I have ordered and this has occurred what is going on with my soldering iron station.

Comment

maybe bad soldering in the base unit.
            i know that sounds stupid having bad soldering in a soldering system but it happens.

and although many irons are compatable, the plugs arent all wired the same.

Comment

Yeah, could be the handpiece socket or the soldering for the socket, especially if it was subjected to mechanical stress
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

I think it has something to do with base unit.

as the original handle does it as well.

I have check voltage regulators.

Comment

Am I sick of these ebay sellers.

2nd one I ordered and its doing the same there is no continuity on the sensor found out when you bend the cord my multimeter stops beeping..

Comment

the sensor isnt resistive,
                    it's a thermocouple - it generates a voltage.

Comment

Working...
                    X