acer v223w blinking blue led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer v223w blinking blue led

Hi, everyone, i'm sorry in advance for my bad English, i'm from non-English speaking country.

I have Acer v223w, and problems started few months ago. when turned of for a period of 30 or so minutes my LCD would not turn on immediately. Blue LED would just blink, until the LCD turn on. (Blue LED does not turn off completely while blinking, it just dims).

Since then those blinking periods got longer and longer, and now my LCD won't turn on at all.

I disassembled LCD in search for bad caps, but none of them seems bad, and i don't have equipment to test them properly.

I played with it, and found out that backlight turns on just fine when that flat cable for signal is not connected (complete screen is white then). when i start my LCD without flat cable connected, and then connect it while it works picture shows and it works fine until i turn it off.

I hope i explained it well, and that someone know what i should do.

Re: acer v223w blinking blue led

Originally posted by raging_demon View Post
    Hi, everyone, i'm sorry in advance for my bad English, i'm from non-English speaking country.

I have Acer v223w, and problems started few months ago. when turned of for a period of 30 or so minutes my LCD would not turn on immediately. Blue LED would just blink, until the LCD turn on. (Blue LED does not turn off completely while blinking, it just dims).

Since then those blinking periods got longer and longer, and now my LCD won't turn on at all.

I disassembled LCD in search for bad caps, but none of them seems bad, and i don't have equipment to test them properly.

I played with it, and found out that backlight turns on just fine when that flat cable for signal is not connected (complete screen is white then). when i start my LCD without flat cable connected, and then connect it while it works picture shows and it works fine until i turn it off.

I hope i explained it well, and that someone know what i should do.
    Check the main filter/smoothing capacitor on the primary side. That big one rated at 400V or 450V, just after the rectifiers. Your symptoms sounds like "dry" capacitor problem (which does not show any signs of bulging). Also recommend replacing all the capacitors on the secondary side, including those at the inverter section.
    Last edited by lexwalker; 06-03-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X