Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG W2452T Back removal

How do you get the back off?
    I know there is 1 screw under the stand mount.

Thanks

Re: LG W2452T Back removal

Originally posted by wildwilf View Post
    How do you get the back off?
    I know there is 1 screw under the stand mount.

Thanks
    Hi, and welcome to BadCaps. Oh and good day eh! </obligatory Canadian>

Take the stand off. Remove any screws you see on the back, and the VESA mount screws if any.

Carefully pop the front bezel off. If you can get it started use something thin and stiff, but not metal so as not to damage the plastic. I use a guitar pick, between the bezel and the back..

Careful of any wire running to the buttons on the front.
    Once the bezel is off, the rest should be obvious, and you'll be amazed at how little holds these things together.

I'm sure there are some youtube videos on monitor disassembly out there somewhere that may help.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

This video should be similar to yours, he just brute-force pops the bezel off, which usually works on LG, some other brands are too tight and you break clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFukhCMPUEU
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Thank you, I've been fixing TV's and stuff for over 20 years and this is the first time I've ever been stumped.

Again thank for the info

Comment

Working...
        X