Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to start? logic board or power board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to start? logic board or power board?

Veeeeery new to this but after looking around for a course to learn about electronic repair i have had no luck finding any actual education courses anywhere.

so firstly thanks to everyone here for creating and providing a source to people like me who enjoy this as a hobby and want to learn.

im not sure if this question has been answered or even if it is answerable. is there a list of symptoms that i should be looking for to diagnose HV switching / power supply / logic board. with regards to flat panel tv/monitor repair. i would like to start threads with pictures and digital measurements but i dont want to flood the forum by posting the wrong board.

thanks again everyone

Re: where to start? logic board or power board?

Originally posted by scampo77 View Post
    is there a list of symptoms that i should be looking for to diagnose HV switching / power supply / logic board. with regards to flat panel tv/monitor repair.
    budmrtn has a good start at fixya.com

http://www.fixya.com/support/r509388...shooting_guide
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

that info is exactly what i am looking for thanks!!

2 more question before i get started.

#1 although i dont have one now i have seen tvs that have one line running from top to bottom with no color. like a stripe. is this a faulty T-con board? can something like this be repaired?

i ask because i have some broken tvs to chose from to practice on and i am wondering if they are worth while to take home and wrestle into my apartment.

#2 i have seen a guy on youtube who made something to test the bulbs in a lcd monitor it ran off of a 9v battery and when he plugged it in the bulbs came on. what is this or what is it called? how do i buy one or make one?

Comment

Originally posted by scampo77 View Post
        #1like a stripe. is this a faulty T-con board? can something like this be repaired?

#2 i have seen a guy on youtube who made something to test the bulbs in a lcd monitor it ran off of a 9v battery and when he plugged it in the bulbs came on.
        1) With PlainBill's help, we narrowed down my friend's TV to a fault t-con. Case notes at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12100

2) This is the video by John Preher. Ask him at

http://preher-tech.com/default.aspx

If you get non working TVs for free, take them and try to learn. Troubleshooting TVs is much more difficult than computer LCDs due to more boards and multiple power supplies.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X