help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

pls can someone help me.i have acer aspire 5253, the problem is that the system charges to 100% but immediately i unplug the adapter, it will go off. i have bought a new battery thinking that it was the problem but to no avail. pls help me out.

Re: help

I moved this to laptops.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say motherboard, but let some of these laptop gurus here give it a go
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Hi
      Ok so it laptop charges battery ? It just can't run off battery ...windows see battery in windows? it run's find off of adapter.
      Techman1025

Comment

Hi
        Ok so it laptop charges battery ? It just can't run off battery ...windows see battery in windows? it run's find off of adapter.
        Techman1025

Comment

check if laptop work on charger without battery. if yes, check function of PQ5

mostly, bad mosfet or some component in charging logic.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-21-2017, 10:51 AM. Reason: update

Comment

In most laptops no matter brand there is usually 2 sets of mosfets. One set will be by charge port or nearby the other set will be by battery charge pins , you will need to check them. Without even looking at schematic that is best bet, Some designs only use one set of fets. Symptoms are if one of the side by side fet goes bad it will run off charger but not charge battery, if other goes out it will run off battery but not charger and if they have a bad battery this can be a bummer because laptop will seem totally dead. a pain to isolate unless you check fets.
            Last edited by heavymachines; 03-21-2017, 09:13 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Yes i agree real easy to check with out schematic each circuit has a buck controller one large square coil and two 8 leg mosfets so locate them near the battery connector with no power to board at all put your meter on diode mode you need to check the four inner legs from left to right reversing your probes one way you should get a reading from 100 to 400 the other nothing if good .
              Techman1025

Comment

Working...
              X