LG 42LK550 42" LCD powers on, no video, no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LK550 42" LCD powers on, no video, no backlight

This LG LCD acts like it powers up normally, but I'm getting nothing on the screen and no backlight (flashlight test reveals nothing on-screen). It can be turned off normally by way of the touch-sensitive power button.

Would this be a mainboard issue?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42LK550 42" LCD powers on, no video, no backlight

Stupid asking if its a main board issue, what about telling us what voltages you've tested ? Does Blon come up ? Does Pson come up ? Does the Pfc work ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Measurements for "stupid" question

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      Stupid asking if its a main board issue, what about telling us what voltages you've tested ? Does Blon come up ? Does Pson come up ? Does the Pfc work ?
      Well, the main power rails on the power supply (20volt, 12volt) are at or above their rated capacity. 3.5v is reading a little low at 3.3, but that should still be within the margin of error. Power-on is holding steady at 3.2, Error at 1.5, P-Dim at 2.8, A-Dim at 2.8, and inv on/off at zero.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
        ...Well it would seem you do have a Main Bd problem as the Inv-ON is at 0. However, I had a Main Bd that tricked me and was sending the Inv-ON signal but the PSU Bd had a short to GND on the line and so I got no backlights. To really test it I had to cut the Inv-ON wire on the cable and realize there was Inv-ON from the Main Bd and the PSU Bd was the culprit after all.
        Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 03-23-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Try to reflow the main processor on the main board.

Comment

Working...
          X