X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access Denied, need help

Originally posted by trebo View Post
    Thanks fellas for all that input and info
    so I can take it that its nothing that I have done, and nothing that I can do to put it right then, as here in the UK we are all in the same boat

@diif, (Browsing through my vpn in the US no problem.) not very computer savvy, but will look into this, can you recommend a vpn provider that I can give it a try?

@stj. (try going through a u.s. based proxy.) not sure how this is done, will look into it, thanks

Thanks again every body, much appreciated
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

One subscription gets you access from multiple devices. I have it on my main PC and also my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      This site seems to let me view www.shopjimmy.com now
      http://www.uswebproxy.com/index.php
      Thanks vince, that worked for me too

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Blocked here, too. Strange.
        Safe to say that the UK is IP-banned...
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

"Access Denied
          You don't have permission to access "http://www.tigerdirect.com/" on this server.
          Reference #18.b18e1402.1442082605.3dbca615"

tigerdirect has forbidden access to Romania 3 years ago...
          So, isn't something new...

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

One subscription gets you access from multiple devices. I have it on my main PC and also my phone.
            sorry I missed this post earlier
            Thanks diif will look into it

Comment

Understand this control of what one can buy is only done to the individual. See it is alright to outsource jobs and find cheap labor and products, but heaven forbid that the individual does this. These rich people can not compete on a level playing field. Interesting we are being controlled by greedy idiots. Wonder when the next recession is going to happen.

Comment

Fuck the blockfest!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of 2 message boards that IP-banned U.S.A. and they were both from Australia, IIRC.

Folks don't need to go on a geo-block fest, just because fucking EMI did.
                (Before getting gobbled up by UMG)
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 09-12-2015, 05:49 PM.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                  we are being controlled by greedy idiots. Wonder when the next recession is going to happen.
                  you would have to come out of the current depression first.
                  and that wont happen because the ponzi-scheme of "fractional reserve banking" is about to be wound up.
                  the scumbags are busy printing paper and then using it to buy metals and realestate as fast as they can right now - just like in the early 1900's
                  meanwhile, country's like china are ditching paper & bonds as fast as they can so they dont get stuck with any when the system falls.

the bankers are playing "musical chairs" but there are no chairs - and the music is about to stop!
                  Last edited by stj; 09-12-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

What is interesting to me is I can't get a loan on a Condo because the condo doesn't cost enough. At least I can not get a fix rate loan for 30 years. I always thought ones ability to pay was the important part. My credit scores are 805, 810 and 810. The condo was $36,000. That would of been about $178 a month with $219 HOA fees that cover everything outside of the apartment even pipes, etc. in the wall. Plus it includes taxes and hot water. I was trying to get out of subsidized housing and become independent again, but the loan agency would rather I pay my $325 dollars a month rent and have the tax payer pay another $480.00 a month for a 310 sq ft apartment. The only way I could get a mortgage would be to get a variable rate so they could raise my rates so I can't afford to pay. Other people told me that they only start loaning money at 100K. The agency that works for people who have a hard time getting a loan told me they only loan money at 50K. So when I move from here I will be moving into another subsidize apartment in MA. That make perfect sense to some one who wants to drive the American public more broke and take their money. Now with Amazon moving in to Seattle and the wages going up to a $15 minimum everyone is starting to raise their rates. I can't wait to get out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                      What is interesting to me is I can't get a loan on a Condo because the condo doesn't cost enough.
                      that's because they create (counterfeit) the loan, and are only interested in the interest payments.

Comment

Before i posted in thei thread and found a solution to getting on too the shopjimmy site i sent them a email too say no one as far as i know in the uk can use there web site this is the email i have just got back.

Austin (ShopJimmy.com)

Sep 13, 12:22

Hello Vince!

Ah I apologize, unfortunately we have a large number of fraudulent orders from certain locations. The only way to combat against that currently is by disabling access for those areas until a better solution has been found. We can certainly see about enabling access to just your location, we'd only need the IP address you access our site from.

Regards,
                        Austin Manning
                        Customer Service
                        Austin@shopjimmy.com

Comment

For future reference, I don't think it's malware. To have the same malware corrupt the browser settings on both PCs at the same time I would think would be a little rare. Granted, it could happen. I'd be more down to think his IP address has been blocked or shopjimmy was down for everyone (maybe because of updates or someone trying to attack their site). Also, if it was because of malware / corrupt settings, why just shopjimmy and nothing else? It'd be really rare I think to find some malware that targets just the shopjimmy site. Just my two cents.
                          -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Before i posted in thei thread and found a solution to getting on too the shopjimmy site i sent them a email too say no one as far as i know in the uk can use there web site this is the email i have just got back.

Austin (ShopJimmy.com)

Hello Vince!

Ah I apologize, unfortunately we have a large number of fraudulent orders from certain locations. The only way to combat against that currently is by disabling access for those areas until a better solution has been found. We can certainly see about enabling access to just your location, we'd only need the IP address you access our site from.

Regards,
                            Austin Manning
                            Customer Service
                            Austin@shopjimmy.com
                            That makes sense. Maybe it's not so much country specific but IP-address ranges? Blocking a whole class A network would mean blocking a LOT of addresses! Or doesn't the internet use classful networks anymore? I know in DCSI, where I used to work, we had a class A back in 2005 or so. Only had about 500 PCs there, less in the backup building. I think the reason the internet started running out of IP addresses and why IPv6 was created was mainly because corporations needed something bigger than class C but not nearly as big as class B. So there'd be a lot of unused IP addresses. This holds true as well going from B to A. If you just need 30 more IP addresses, think about how many never get used going from B to A?
                            -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Austin (ShopJimmy.com)

Hello Vince!

Regards,
                              Austin Manning
                              Customer Service
                              Austin@shopjimmy.com
                              Thanks Vince, I feel better with that answer. Often times the direct approach works. Thanks for checking.

Comment

such geo-ip banning is just plain dumb. as u have demonstrated, it doesnt work... if u can bypass it, the cheats/frauds can also certainly bypass the ban with a proxy/vpn. i do not see how "disabling access to certain areas" will fix the problem of fraudulent orders... instead, it just drives away customers elsewhere. what an excellent business practice...

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                                  such geo-ip banning is just plain dumb. as u have demonstrated, it doesnt work... if u can bypass it, the cheats/frauds can also certainly bypass the ban with a proxy/vpn. i do not see how "disabling access to certain areas" will fix the problem of fraudulent orders... instead, it just drives away customers elsewhere. what an excellent business practice...
                                  Geo-banning was pioneered by the motion picture companies and record companies..........
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
                                    I think the thinking here is that you band the people who can not figure out how to by-pass it which may take a large chunk of problems away and yet is cheaper to do then trying to figure out the problem. Perhaps someone will offer their services at a price that will make it feasible to correct the problem another way which does not band people.

Comment

I understand the problem, but a good site should at least give a meaningful explanation as to why you are denied access and give means to white-list your IP (eg. a contact email).

Comment

Originally posted by ddscentral View Post
                                        I understand the problem, but a good site should at least give a meaningful explanation as to why you are denied access and give means to white-list your IP (eg. a contact email).
                                        I totally agree with your statement.

Comment

I am wondering, Is the whole of the UK blacklisted by Shopjimmy,
                                          Is there anyone in the UK that can reach shopjimmy site with IE.???
                                          please post and let the forum know if you can

Comment

Working...
                                          X