Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?

well, I can't really tell from your pictures... but maybe. As a better test, disconnect one of the corner cables (going from the bottom edge boards to the side board). Leave the tcon cables connected, what happens? Do the reverse for the other side, what happens. Further feed in a known test pattern (dvd or computer file source), it will help in understanding what you are looking at in terms of issues.

Comment

After attempting to get more pics, the TV powers up fine! Maybe after I moved/displaced the driver board/ribbon. Ok so now I guess I wait till it fails again. Although this is not my tv and would really love to get my space back. Thanks budwich for the prompt response. I'll post more when the TV wants to cooperate and act bad!! lol.

Comment

Ok so here are some pictures with the corner cables disconnected and also with them both connected as the tv is now working when everything is plugged up normal.

Left/Right is based on tv face down (bottom of tv closest to me)

Pic1: Disconnected left driver board only
        Pic2: Disconnected right driver board only
        Pic 3/4: Normal
        Attached Files

Comment

hmmm... there are others that have found similar results.... BUT without seeing a KNOWN test pattern so that one can thoroughly examine the display, it is difficult to provide any better guidance. Further, picture 4 does show some sort of "horizontal lining"... maybe (since I don't actually know what the picture is of).... which is a sign of tab issues.

Comment

How could I provide a known test pattern?

What has me confused is when I removed the left connection to the driver board it was similar to when I removed the right. So how would I know which tab to remove?

Comment

did you read my post (#181)?

Comment

Something is definitely wrong with the drivers. You may find that moving them around while the tv is on will produce the original problem. The lines you are seeing is the original area for concern on tje output horizontal driver I would remove the black frame bezel on both side and inspect the drivers on the carrier package to look for obvious signs of overheat or shorted driver IC. there you will find your answer.

Without a picture that would provide a full white image or something of that nature it would be hard to tell right now which side is causing the problem.

Tcon cannot and will not produce sporadic horizontal lines.
                Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-26-2017, 08:52 AM.
                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                  did you read my post (#181)?
                  Budwich, yes I read your post but what I didn't understand is "known" to whom? I plugged up a Chromecast and that is known to us .. but maybe you meant known to you.

When you said, "Further feed in a known test pattern (dvd or computer file source)" what did you mean?

I will your advice freakaftr8 and provide pictures on a white background tomorrow morning.
                  Last edited by fcisolutions; 03-26-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Ok ... take out the "known"... feed in a test pattern.

Comment

I am bummed right now as my customer freaked when I told her that with this process, there was no guarantee and irreversible. She said she was taking it to "an authorized repair center" in Houston. So I won't get to know whether this repair will work or not unless she brings it back. But, I am super excited to have learned of this and want to thank all those that contributed to this post!!

Comment

it will be back... :-) It will give you time to read up on test patterns used in tv diagnostics and setup. :-)
                        Last edited by budwich; 03-27-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

To bring this thread back to life. I have the Sharp LC-70LE732U. I have the 2-5 blink. TV set does not come on at all. I've tried the force restart and have replaced the TCon board. I have removed the bezel and have found the side boards but to not want to remove the ribbons since it will be Final and irreversible.
                          I am not proficient in testing all the power sources, this is why I purchased a TCon board right away.
                          The large panel board is $300 to replace. I do not want to spend that kind of money on this potential freebie TV I got.
                          Any tips for me?

Comment

2-5 blink is t con 12 volt error. Disconnect both ribbon cables going from the t-con to the panel and then restart the TV does it come up now?

The screen should be blank with a backlight only but no more error code
                            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Many thanks to those on this board. I too had the 2-5 issue. I removed the left connector and still had the 2-5 issue, I reattached it and removed the connector in the lower right corner and the set came on. I un screwed the bezel and removed the 5 ribbon connectors and the side section from the corner connector up.

Put tv back together again, powered up and it is mostly good. The left hand of the the tv is darker than the right side. See image from an Apple TV, the background should be the same all the way across.

Any suggestions?
                              Attached Files

Comment

put on a test pattern to get a good idea of what's up. make sure the places where the ribbon tab bonds have been removed are clean ... nothing is left behind from pulling the tabs off. ot sure what else to say... I can't really say because I don't know that "picture" is supposed to look like... that's the reason for using a known test pattern so people can evaluate what is being shown and they have a "reference" in their minds or otherwise.
                                Anyways, on the set that I saved, there very little to no difference across the set. It is still working for the owner.

Comment

As far as removing the tabs, should I be removing anything that is under the panel bonded area. I removed the tabs up to the point where they were bonded into the panel and well past the little black component on each ribbon. Some tore and I had to pull the remainder off separately.

Not sure how to get the test pattern on the screen. This is a picture of the demo mode. The background at the top is supposed to be all white but it instead it has three different shades. The same lack of brightness occurs vertically across the entire screen. The right side is thr brightest which happens to be the side where I removed the side drivers.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

awesome thread

Comment

i have same issue sharp lc-70C8470U

Comment

I would like to all on this post, i read all in its entirety and took any and all "fixes" and now have a perfectly playing free tv!! Thanks again!

Comment

This was on a sharp lc70le757u. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X