Benq FP 767 15" Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benq FP 767 15" Monitor

Hi guys I am in london and have recently tried to diagnose a problem with my monitor I have seen some of the postings on here but not sure the symptoms are the same as mine,well it does not display anything and when you put a laptop onto it just goes to amber and nothing I have got the monitor open currently but not sure what caps are causing this issue,sorry if this is a reapeated topic any piccies or pointers will be very helpful.

Cheers peeps.

Re: Benq FP 767 15" Monitor

Welcome to the forum-
    We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back (in the same orientation) and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say what the supposed fault was and a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi there,

Ok I use to be in IT for nearly 25 odd years gave it up as it was completely useless sourrounded by useless management who are all to eager to get rid of hard working staff also hated the agencies think they are god,gave it all up and retrained as a plumber but it is very slow at them moment but much more happier than working for some idiotic tyrant who thinks he is above mankind because he possses a University degree.
      Anyway much more happier and freer,anyway I do know electronics a little bit and can take care of small issues like this but I have sent picture of my main board I hope they are of some help.

Thank you for your time and help.

Bobby.

Comment

Hi sorry the fault is that the monitor has power but does not connect with any device i.e,laptop or desktop and just goes to amber and no image.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but the pictures are useless - You may as well delete them and save the space on the server -can you do better.

Look at the picture 5 and 6 there is a big capacitor - using ONLY the picture can you tell me what it says on the side.
          That is the largest component on the board so how are we supposed to see the others.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

OK mate no need to get all shirty ok control yourself

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              Look at the picture 5 and 6 there is a big capacitor - using ONLY the picture can you tell me what it says on the side.
              Elite
              120uF
              450v

Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Main problem with these Benq boards is failure of th 2SC5607 transistors.There are 2 pairs of these,located toward the bottom of the board near the 4 transformers. First thing most people do is test these for short ccts..normally one pair fail.

Comment

Hi Ben7 thank you for your reply ok the big capacitors values are 120uf and 450V.

Comment

Hi Rtech thank you for reply ok I have struggled to get a more exploded view of the board I think I have located the transistors you are referring too but not 100% sure looking at the 4 transformers I see the 4 transistors so would you recommend replacing all 4 as my first port of call?

Thanks.

Comment

I would suggest measuring them, to confirm that they are at fault or not,there can be lots of other reasons for your problem.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Hi Guys,

Ok just a bit of a loss now I have had the Transitors checked and the reading are all fine,so what would be my logical next step with this problem I am hoping someone may have experienced this problem.

Thanks for your time guys.

Comment

Looking at your picture 6, there is a Black PF fuse, in front of the three aluminium heatsinks and one of the Black capacitors....check that ..

Comment

Hi Rtech

Sorry excuse me being slow but on my board there is only a white fuse that appears to be soldered in or is their a another fuse?

Comment

Hope this shows it ??
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X