Sylvania lc320ss2 LCD TV keeps blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sylvania lc320ss2 LCD TV keeps blowing fuse

Hello, I got it 1ZB36 D610 can be substituted by 1N4753A. My question is, Where can I look up good substitues for the parts.. er diodes and transistors I need.

Comment

You need to compare the specs.

Current rating: same or higher
      Breakdown voltage: same or higher
      Trr/Trf: same or lower
      Qrr (if present): same or lower
      Dimensions: fit well
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you.. This fourm has been very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          Alright @budm to answer your question, I just did that test of removing the power fet and here is what happens. The lightbulb does not light up and I get 179vdc on the filter cap. The FET is still good too.

I'm now going to check a bunch of those zeners on the secondary side by the output lines.
          hi sorry to butt in...is the filter cap be the C607 on the hand drawn schematic earlier...thanks

Comment

Hi Everyone. I just ordered the parts kit for this repair job from ebay. Cost $36 Canadian for the parts and shipping. Much better than ShJimmy. I will be following the guide here to replace components as necessary. I would not even attempt this job if there was not the wealth of info produced by your work. Thanks.

Comment

I also have a 32" Emerson LCD TV with dead power supply.

With reference to Post 109 listing the components to check or replace:

On my TV, instead of R605=220ohm and R606=180ohm, my TV has R605=R606=120 ohm (resistors are both red-red-brown). They both tested ok, so I will leave them alone. I just wanted to mention this in case someone else has the same observations... If your resistors test out-of-spec, please make sure you check the resistor color codes - they may be different than post 109.

My real question however: The two 5 watt 2.2 ohm power resistors R602 and R611 are mounted in parallel... Therefore their equivalent resistance is 1.1 ohm...

If I don't have any 2.2ohm resistors, can I substitute a 7 watt 1.2 ohm resistor that I do have? The difference in resistance is only 1.2ohm - 1.1ohm = 0.1ohm (which is within the 5% tolerance). What would the required power rating of the resistor need to be if I substitute???

Please let me know what you think.

Comment

I posted my last reply without re-reading it...

I meant to say that in my TV, the color codes for resistors R605 and R606 are brown-red-brown which is 120 ohm (not red-red-brown as I mistakenly typed). For some reason I couldn't edit the post.
                Last edited by Unspun01; 10-23-2013, 07:35 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

guys, i used to be in the repair biz, but have gotten rid of my ECG/SK xreference books. momsie has this same gem of a tv (emerson LC320EM2) with the same (deader than elvis) problem. she's in FL and i'm in Rogue Island. i can find the MOSFET (Q600) on mouser pretty easily, but am having difficulty locating Q601 (K205 C3203 on the package) and D640 (B0 SK2B on the package) - the schottky SMD. can you please help? she thanks you ahead of time.... :-)

Comment

Received a 'used' Power board from e-bay today.........anxiously installed and plugged her into the power outley 120VAC 60Hz......PRESTO!!! She came on and has been working for four (4) hours now........I couldn't give the owner any guarantee as to how long it would last........Did some research and discovered the ratings for this Sylvania set was poor....Thanks all for your help

Comment

I picked up a Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 with the same no power issue and same PSU. Unlike the original poster, my fuse wasn't blown. R602 and R611 were both failed open. I'm guessing that based on the hand drawn schematic provided by budm, that the open resistors saved the fuse. Being that the fuse is good, I'm wondering if the lightbulb trick would work in this case.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...9&d=1358581659

I also found the following failed components.

Q600 shorted
                      D604 shorted
                      D607 shorted
                      D610 shorted
                      D640 shorted
                      R608 open

R605 and R606 are both giving weird readings in the KOhms out of the board, so I'm replacing those as well.

Once those are replaced, if any other component is shorted, the lightbulb trick should then work, correct?

Comment

I have this set as well. Was doing the same thing (blowing fuses) I found (1)bad zener diode. (1) bad Schotty diode and the bad mosfet. I replaced all 3 and now the set shows no signs of life. Wont power on, no lights, etc..

Any suggestions?

Comment

I have 7 of these power supplies I'm working on. So far, I've fixed the first 2. I've put together a substitute parts list, many exhausting hours spent going over datasheets to find suitable replacements. I ordered locally on my first attempt, but I missed the cement resistors and blew the MOSFET and transistor. After that, I ordered everything again from China, in multiples of ten. Glad I did because I scored 6 of these boards from eBay for $110 the other day.

I've included local (US) suppliers with the parts list, but considering shipping costs, it's cheaper just to order a repair kit from eBay.

Suppliers Digikey.com(D), Mouser.com(M), Newark.com(N), Ebay.com (E)

D604 27BSB Sub 1N4749A (D, M, N)
                          D607 - 1SS133(T-77) (E)
                          D609 - 1SS133(T-77) (E)
                          D610 - 1ZB36BB Sub 1N4753A (D, M, N)
                          D640 - SK2B-TR (E)
                          Q600 - TK10A50D (M)
                          Q601 - 2SC2120-Y(TE2-F T) Sub 2SC5344 (E)
                          R608 - 0.18Ω 2W Metal Oxide MOX2CT631RR18J (M)
                          R602 - Cement Resistor 5W2R2J - 5 watt 2.2Ω (E)
                          R611 - Cement Resistor 5W2R2J - 5 watt 2.2Ω (E)
                          ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

1 back ache and 3 hours later, I have 7 working power supplies. Most I've ever fixed in 1 day.
                            ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Hi Beowulf

Today I read your post, two years laters than you posted I can up-load the Sylvania LC320SS2.

DanyKare.

Comment

Hi Beowulf

Today I read your post, two years laters than you posted I can up-load the Sylvania LC320SS2.

DanyKare.

Link to download:
                                http://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/func-startdown/25362/

Comment

MY Emerson LC320EM2 BURNT ZENER DIODE

[HELP.

Emerson LC320EM2-- BURNT ZENER DIODE
                                  ON BOARD #648.I NEED SOME VALUES OR A ORDER #.SOMETHING
                                  SO I KNOW WHAT TO ORDER.REPLY--THANKS.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

36V 1 Watt rating 1zB36 ZENER DIODE. CANT BUY IT SO?
                                    WHAT TO USE,DOES it have a match,THANK'S

Comment

They are available on Ebay Canada

https://tinyurl.com/jexjk3c
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

LC320M2 TV board BA17F1F0102. DIODE ZENER 1ZB22BB D645.CANT BUY IT.
                                        WHAT DO YOU replace it with.thank's

Comment

Originally posted by Dellinger316 View Post
                                          Hello, I got it 1ZB36 D610 can be substituted by 1N4753A. My question is, Where can I look up good substitues for the parts.. er diodes and transistors I need.
                                          THATSgreat so can you help D645 can be substituted by what REPLY THANK'S.

Comment

Working...
                                          X