Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 - Atheros L2 onboard NIC,blank gateway line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 - Atheros L2 onboard NIC,blank gateway line?

As the title says - I have this ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard here that works fine,apart from the onboard NIC giving "Unindentifed Network - No Network Access" under Windows 7 or Vista.

Any ideas how can I permanently fix this? A temporary fix is to generate a default MAC address but whenever I need to reinstall Windows it goes back to the problem - blank gateway line.

For the record,I tried three cables and all do the same thing. I tried them on my P5QL PRO machine and they work fine on that one.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Re: ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 - Atheros L2 onboard NIC,blank gateway line?

this issue only occurs under win7/vista? nic works fine under a linux live session? if so, could be bad vista/win7 drivers. try another version. if it has problems under linux too then the nic could be bad. u'll have to use a pci or pci-e nic expansion card.

Comment

Maybe the contents of the rom attached to the NIC chip got corrupted, ask at the manufacturer for the programming software (on some asrock motherboards you can download it from their support site, it may work with yours if they use the same NIC)

Comment

Originally posted by cpt.charlie View Post
        Maybe the contents of the rom attached to the NIC chip got corrupted, ask at the manufacturer for the programming software (on some asrock motherboards you can download it from their support site, it may work with yours if they use the same NIC)
        IIRC corrupted rom usually gave no MAC address,but I'll look into that.

Chaoslegionnaire - Linux works fine. I tried both ASUS' drivers and standalone Atheros L2 drivers with the same result.
        Main rig:
        Gigabyte B75M-D3H
        Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
        16GB DDR3-1600
        Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
        Delux MG760 case

Comment

I had opposite problem - Win7 & Vista worked but not XP

How did you install driver ? - might be worth trying option specify location to find driver, then drill down until you're pointing to NDIS 6.0 location - if you settle for a higher level directory, maybe Win7 selects NDIS 5.1 driver instead
          Last edited by pfrcom; 03-16-2017, 07:13 AM.
          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
            I had opposite problem - Win7 & Vista worked but not XP

How did you install driver ? - might be worth trying option specify location to find driver, then drill down until you're pointing to NDIS 6.0 location - if you settle for a higher level directory, maybe Win7 selects NDIS 5.1 driver instead
            Through device manager,and I remember it said NDIS 6.2.
            Main rig:
            Gigabyte B75M-D3H
            Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
            16GB DDR3-1600
            Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
            Delux MG760 case

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
              Chaoslegionnaire - Linux works fine. I tried both ASUS' drivers and standalone Atheros L2 drivers with the same result.
              Check if the mac you have on linux is the same as what is supposed to be (in that case forget about a corrupted rom), if not the linux might generate a new one in case of not finding a valid mac

Comment

Working...
              X