Viewsonic vx2835wm won't turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic vx2835wm won't turn off

I have a VX2835WM which is almost 4 years old. It is connected to a PC which turns on at 6am and off at 11pm every day. The connection is VGA. The mains to the monitor is always on. Once the PC turns off the monitor goes into sleep mode (front panel LED turns orange).

It has stopped working as it should. It stays on all the time (LED stays blue). When the PC starts up the next morning the monitor is completely unresponsive (but still on). It shows only "D-Sub" on the screen. The LED is blue and the front panel buttons are all inactive (ie no response from any of them).

On recycling the mains power to the monitor it starts working normally and will continue to work all day. But it won't go to sleep at 11pm and the cycle then repeats.

Does this sound like a capacitor problem?

Re: Viewsonic vx2835wm won't turn off

It could be !! Have you changed anything at all on the pc between when it worked and when it did not.
    Have you tried it on another pc.
    Can you switch it off manually before 11pm and if you can does it then switch on ok next day. You may be better trying to live with that work round.

There have been quite a few problems with these type vx2835wm into the search above - Read all the threads, do some tests then come back and tell us what you found.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

If the mains is constantly on, then you are certainly reducing the time scale before you start having problems, as the Power supply will be producing heat constantly and the capacitors will dry out more quickly etc.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't pulled the back off yet so I don't know what it looks like inside. In the meantime I've put it on a timer so that it turns off at night.

Comment

Working...
        X