Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns_G HG281D

Hello,
    First, I'm from France, so excuse me for my english.
    I've a Hanns-g HG281D and there's no power. The power LED stays off. It began by trying more than 10 on the power switch to turn it on and now, it doesn't start at all. The switch is good. I checked the secondary voltage on the connector between the power board and logic card and I find 0v. I find 320 V at the main capacitor. Perhaps it's good because in Frace, the power supply entry is 220v.
    Have any idea?
    Thank you

Re: Hanns_G HG281D

Hi, welcome. Your English seems fine, better than some Americans

Best to post a few clear pictures, we can then point you at a few things to try.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Hello
      Thank you for your answer and compliment
      I took two pictures and excuse me for the light but there's not enough sun in Paris lol.
      I forgot to say that when I unplug, the voltage in the main capacitor decrease about 3 volts per second.
      If you need other pictures, i'll be glad to post others.
      Hope you can help.
      Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok on the board in your picture one of the large caps bottom right corner looks bulged -
        the lower one of the large ones.
        Also this monitor has known problems read this thread
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...HG281D&page=22

start at post 428 which has a picture showing which caps you should change.

On the other " Main Board" there are two caps C80 and C83 - you will see they are mentioned later in that thread.
        You should use good quality low esr caps such as Panasonic FR FM or FC series.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thank you very much for your post. You have a good sight. I did'nt see it.
          I'm going to read the thread you told me and thank you your advice.
          I'll give you some news when I'll change them.
          Thank you

Comment

Hello
            Here are the caps I have to buy:

10V 1000 uf
            10v 1000 uf
            25v 1000 uf
            25v 1000 uf
            35v 1000 uf

25v 470 uf
            10v 470 uf
            35v 470 uf
            10v 470 uf
            25v 470 uf

50v 47 uf

400v 22 uf
            35v 22 uf
            35v 22 uf
            35v 22 uf

50v 10 uf
            35v 10 uf

50v 2.2 uf

100v 1 uf

But they are sold by lot and I can't find all these values. Sometimes, the voltage is different. Can I buy different values, for example, a 35V 1000uF instead of a 10V 1000uF ? Is it possible for a 100V 10uF instead of 100V 1uF.

Thank you for your answers.
            Have a nice Weekend.

Comment

The are various online stores that don't sell by lot, you can buy one piece or packs of 5 in some cases.

Also keep in mind you can't buy just any kind of capacitor, you need to buy "low esr" capacitors, and we here on this site recommend some brands and "series" of capacitors from those brands.

A series is kinda like a car model, each series of capacitors is more optimized for a particular usage and the series below are very good for what you need.

Good brands and series are Panasonic FM, FR and FC (for low uF values), Nichicon HD, HM, PW (for low uF values) , United Chemi Con KZE, KY ...

Check the following stores, these have warehouses in Europe so shipping would be cheaper:

* http://fr.farnell.com/aluminium-electrolytiques

* http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/...urs-aluminium/

Yes, you can get capacitors rated for more voltage (for example 820uF 35v instead of 820uF 25v) but the uF value is best to remain the same.

Be careful however because capacitors rated for bigger voltage are generally bigger in diameter and they may not fit in the place of your old capacitors.

No, you should not replace a 1uF 100v capacitors with a 10uF 100v capacitor (or change the uF value in general) unless you really know how the circuit works and what those capacitors do in the circuit. You don't, so don't mess things up.

If you want, make a list with the capacitors you plan to buy (I recommend going with Farnell, but rs-components is good too) and post the links here so we can double check it and confirm they're good capacitors.
              Pay attention to the manufacturers and the series I mentioned above and try to select those where it's possible.

ps. You probably don't have to replace those high voltage capacitors (those with 400v or more written on them). It's rare that these are faulty. Sure, if you want to go ahead and replace those as well, but they're a bit expensive (they can be a few euro a piece)
              Again pay attention to the diameter and height of every capacitor. With the small ones height is probably not very important, but diameter is.
              Last edited by mariushm; 04-05-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Just a thought.

Since you are buying capacitors, maybe you should consider buying also the capacitors on the logic board as backup as well, if it does not cost you much. Once i did this model & after re-capping the power board, the power LED stay lit but the panel stay black. Only after re-capping the logic board (make sure the physical size fits especially the radius), then it works normal.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Ok on the board in your picture one of the large caps bottom right corner looks bulged -
                  the lower one of the large ones.
                  Also this monitor has known problems read this thread
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...HG281D&page=22

start at post 428 which has a picture showing which caps you should change.

On the other " Main Board" there are two caps C80 and C83 - you will see they are mentioned later in that thread.
                  You should use good quality low esr caps such as Panasonic FR FM or FC series.
                  Actually selldoor gave excellent advice there. I suppose you CAN replace ALL the caps on the power board, and ALL the caps on the main board. To me that would be a huge waste of time and money; with the possibility of soldering damage somewhere.

I have repaired a few of these and the only caps with high ESR were the ones mentioned in post 428 like selldoor said.
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=428

Comment

Hello,
                    Mariushm, thank you for the links and your advice. The links looks interesting. I wanted to buy from Ebay but I prefer your links.

As suggested by Lumberjack777, I'll begin by the caps of the post 428 and if it doens't work, I'll replace the ones of the logic board.

I took some measures and the results are on the picture below.
                    Could there be some other problems to have such results? I find zero volts at some caps and two fluctuating values !
                    Thanks a lot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi - I also think you should buy the 2 caps for the main board at the same time
                      otherwise you will pay 2 lots of postage.
                      If you copy your list down and add the sizes we can suggest what to buy.
                      The owner of this site sells caps but I started to check out his stock and he does not have any of the smaller values.
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Please answer me for the voltage I find. They are written in the picture.
                        There are also two caps near the big cap. One of them gives 0 Volt !
                        Is there another problem except caps?
                        Thank you.

Comment

I post another picture with the new zero volt.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Are you testing with all the boards attached.
                            There could be other problems but its difficult to say until the caps are all
                            known to be good.
                            Voltage tests on the primary (Hot) side should be done relative to the
                            negative leg of the BIG cap and tests on the secondary (Cold) side should be
                            relative to ground.

Comment

Hi
                              Thank you for your answer. The board were not all attached.
                              I'll try again this evening and I'll tell you.
                              Thank you

Comment

I dont know which way the boards face when mounted in the frame so it may be difficult to check. Without all the boards connected we would not expect all voltages to be present as they are switched on by a signal from the main board.
                                A usual test is with it all connected up test the voltage at the connectors
                                on the power supply for the voltages stated on the board 24v 12v and 5v I think. This is with meter on 200vDC black probe on a ground screw and probe with the red. If you cant get the probe on to the pin try using a sewing needle pushed in alongside the wire to each pin then put the probe on the needle.

Comment

Hi guys
                                  I'm back. I bought the caps and changed them. I changed the ones shown in the post 428 and it works great

I'd like to thank you all for your patience and kindness.
                                  This a great forum.
                                  Thank you very much

Comment

Bravo! thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Working...
                                    X