DYNEX DX55L-150A11 Randomly turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DYNEX DX55L-150A11 Randomly turns off

These are what you are looking for. Yes, please report your findings of what the voltage is across main capacitors on power supply while tv is on. This is the large capacitor, there are two but only need DC reading of either one.

Suspects are R085 and R086. My R084 seemed ok.
    Attached Files
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thank you for the reply guys I really appreciate it. I took a reading of the top capacitor and it read 354.1 volts. The one below that read 353.4 volts. Here's a picture of the top results. Once again, I really appreciate you guys helping me out. thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Check R804,5,6 on back of powerboard. The two smd 620k resistors are probably reading low. You can replace with regular resistors. Your main cap needs to read around 390dcv
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

How do I check those? Can I do it while the tv is off? Sorry bro, I'm that much of a noob. I do appreciate it though.

Comment

Remove your power board. Make sure you have no voltage on main cap you measured. Read across each R804,5,6 with meter on ohms and report readings.

Comment

I discharged both capacitors and measured
              R804= .676
              R805= .545
              R806= .583
              Attached Files

Comment

You need to get a couple of 620kohm 1/4 watt or higher and replace 805 and 806. Don't replace with one resistor as it takes at least three to divide the voltage as they are not rated each for that much voltage.

Comment

You think these would be ok?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Should take care of problem. After replacement check main cap voltage should be around 390vdc. Let us know results.

Comment

I will definitely let you know what happened. Again, I want to thank you guys for helping me out. I am a complete Noob and sincerely appreciate all your help. Speaking of noob, doesn't matter which direction the resistor faces? Thanks again.

Comment

No

Comment

I should note that you if you do repair this TV with the resistors in which your driving voltage off that main cap is definitely low, you'll be the first person that did not have to swap out the IC.

Funny thing is after I repaired this TV last month I've encountered two other TVs one a plasma and another an LED that both had feedback issues that we're running low voltage off the primary. Lol
                          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Well even with changing ic still a cheap fix. Better than the op that replaced power board. I get a lot more satisfaction doing component repair than board repair. Swapping boards isn't learning anything.

Comment

I'm waiting for the parts to come in and am eager to see what happens. I agree with dskall, even if I also have to change the other thing it's still better than changing our a $97 part. Although maybe I should just order the eeprom anyway just in case.. found one on ebay for $10.
                              Last edited by cyberthief; 04-23-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Resistors will fix the problem

Comment

It worked! I installed the two resists then checked the voltage for the main capaciter which was 390v. I turned on the tv at about 2pm and left to watch the draft. When I came back home around midnight, it was still on with no problems! Looks like this problem is solved! Thanks a lot guys and go Raiders!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Well I picked up the same TV this summer for $70 and it started doing the same thing as you guys just shutting off. I will be checking and doing the same thing. I'll let you guys know if you're still keeping up with this post.
                                    I also am working on a 46" samsung that I hope is just caps because I replaced them before i think years ago, problem is they dont look bad but going to test them tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger4life View Post
                                      Well I picked up the same TV this summer for $70 and it started doing the same thing as you guys just shutting off. I will be checking and doing the same thing. I'll let you guys know if you're still keeping up with this post.
                                      I also am working on a 46" samsung that I hope is just caps because I replaced them before i think years ago, problem is they dont look bad but going to test them tomorrow
                                      Waiting on resistors for Dynex and just did some troubleshooting on the samsung. Power supply good so ordering parts for main board.

Comment

I found on my power board that RT802 was loose and the solder joints were broken. I resoldered RT802 and added some silicone glue to keep it from breaking loose again. I also installed a cooling fan because of what was said in post #16, however the RT802 does not seem to be getting hot on my board as described in post #16.

TV is now fixed and no longer turning off.

Comment

my top capacitor is reading 355 volts and R804 .243 R805 .215 and R806 .217 do you think I should change all resistors ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X