TC-P42S1, Replaced SC Board got 10 Blink Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P42S1, Replaced SC Board got 10 Blink Code

New to Badcaps so sorry if any of this is a double posting. It's kind of a long story so bear with me...

Panasonic 42" Plasma TC-P42S1

Heard a loud pop on my TV about a month back, followed by the 7 blink code. Did some research and isolation tests, figured out it was a bad SC board. Replaced the board with one from ebay. TV fired up but the screen looked glitched out, like an old NES game(pics attached).

The tv then wouldn't turn on after that. So I replaced the SU/SD boards as well just in case they were damaged along with the original SC board. I got the TV to turn on again, and while I was adjusting the panel ribbons to get rid of the horizontal black bars, the TV shut off and I got a 10 blink code. When I disconnect the SC board, it goes to 6, so I am assuming the SC board is bad (again) and needs to be replaced, BUT does anyone know what could be causing that screen issue when it comes on, or are all these issues somehow connected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't wanna dump more money into parts when I could just save up and get a new plasma. On the flipside, I don't wanna get rid of the TV when I could just buy some boards haha.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Castor_Troy21; 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: Forgot Make of TV

Re: TC-P42S1, Replaced SC Board got 10 Blink Code

Well you probably started with bad SC and buffers, you then connected shorted buffers to a good SC and ended up with the bad display, sounds like you then replaced the buffers, had misalligned ribbons, had the TV on then adjusted these whilst on, shorted the buffers so probably dead and killed the Sc also again.

never adjust panel ribbons with the TV on.

to confirm the SC is bad, jumper the 2 pins at SC50 with the buffers disconnected from the SC and see if it turns on or no blinks.

You could also check resistance across SC2, may be shorted. You will also have to recheck the buffers to see if thaey are also blown again.

Panel could be shorted, i don't know a way to check that. If you had a normal picture with some horizontal lines it was probably ok but you shorted it when adjusting the ribbons powered on.

Comment

Working...
    X