Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benq G2400W 2 second to black problem

Originally posted by hechacker1 View Post
    It's secure. The shrink wrap is also holding it in place. No amount of tugging is going to detach the wire.
    Then it's not a wiring issue.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I'm glad alexanna stepped in because he is the king in this area. Plus, I had to leave and go outside in freezing -28C weather for a few hours.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        I'm glad alexanna stepped in because he is the king in this area. Plus, I had to leave and go outside in freezing -28C weather for a few hours.
        I feel for you. It;s 7°C here right now.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm kinda wary about buying new CCFLs since there's some doubt that they're bad.

And I'd have to buy larger diameter sized ones to get the length I need, or custom ones (which is beyond what I'm willing to pay to repair it).

Comment

Originally posted by hechacker1 View Post
            Any thoughts on what I can do next? I'm kinda wary about buying new CCFLs since there's some doubt that they're bad.

And I'd have to buy larger diameter sized ones to get the length I need, or custom ones (which is beyond what I'm willing to pay to repair it).
            You really need to rule out bad CCFLs,Unfortunately with a 24 inch monitor you will not be able to substitute smaller length CCFLs for testing.
            It is very rare for all 4 CCFLS to be causing your problem.
            Just because you see blackened ends on the CCFls does not always mean they are causing the shut down.
            I have in the past measured the CCFL return voltages and found problems. If your DMM has a min/ max record feature we may be able to pick up something, particularly if each CCFL has its own coil.
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
            X