This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all thanks for having me.Im wallydog and new to the tv world.

Comment

Hello all just signed up after being guided here by google. From the UK

I do quite a lot of PC building projects, new stuff and like to dabble with some older stuff.

Often do refurbishments of older tech too as well as hunting down hard to find older gear.

Whilst I am capable don't have much experience in electrical components gone bad, hence why I am here. Hope to learn from what seems to be a vast resource of knowledge and offer my own where I can.

See you around

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the site. I have many years of computer and automotive electrical experience but very little when it comes to lcd repair. I have found this site to be a great reference and the members are very good at helping others troubleshoot. I am getting into electronics repair as a hobby and I am very pleased to be a member of such a terrific site !

Comment

Hi,
          I like repairing electronics as a hobby. Currently I am trying to fix my Samsung Plasma TV. I thnik here are a lot of people with great experiance in repairing electronics. hopefully I will be able to help others.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi All

Just found your Forum via Google.
            I am a 64 year old retired (I Think !!) Tv engineer.
            Have been repairing domestic electronic equipment all my working life.
            Nowadays I spend my time repairing LCD televisions, Computors and anything else my friends and family bring me.
            I also look after a small IT network for the last company I worked for.

Many thanks for letting me join you community.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
              My Name is phil I am a TV Tech i own TV REpair shop
              Hope to make new friends here.I live in the webb city mo area.
              From what i see this seems like a cool site.
              Thanks for Listening.
              phil

Comment

Guess i will introduce myself My name is Phil
                I have my own TV repair Shop been in the business for over 40years
                Always worked for myself.I live in the webb city mo Area.
                Hope to make New Friends here.This seems like a cool site.
                Thanks for listening.

Comment

Who am I?

Well, I'm a 25 year old seasoned geek whose been working with computers since the tender age of 5 (perks of having an IT mom). I've ventured down both the hardware and software route (though nowadays I find myself on the software side of things [web development]).

I stumbled onto your streets after a Google search brought back a thread of two of interest.

I hope to enjoy my stay :"). Who do I have to kidney punch to be King of this jungle? :"D

Comment

Good day all,

I'm currently a data monkey working from home doing SQL/Analytics. Have always enjoyed dabbling in electronics, with a focus on PC troubleshooting and repair. Got a degree in LAN Management and Network Security but it really doesn't mean jack. Hoping to gain some insight and help a few guys out!

Comment

I would like to say hello to everyone on bad caps forum. I just join.

Comment

hello to all in this great forum. im a new one. sorry for bad english.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Jimmy and I live in Florida. I found this forum searching for known problems for a LCD TV that is giving me issues. Unfortunately I have no technical knowledge to contribute but I'm hoping a few of you may be able to point me in the right direction. If I am able to start a thread with my issue I will update this post with a link to it.

Thanks for your ear,
                          Jimmy

Comment

After reading here for a while, it came time to post... Thought I registered long ago, but guess not!

Comment

hello guys,am a newbie technician and my knowledge is not enough, I hope to learn a lot in this furom

Comment

New here, been a long time visitor, but never a member.

Always tinkering with electronics and have a strong desire to learn more.

Hope to learn and share !

Comment

Hi all! I've been working with electronics, mechanics, and electromechanics, etc since at least when I was 5. Between about 15 and 20 years ago I was the hardware service and repair technician at a VCR and computer repair business that my brother-in-law and I owned and operated. And for the past 15 years I've been an HVACR service technician, also doing component level diagnosing and repairs where it made sense at work as well as for friends and family.

Just found this site while looking for info relating to repairing an LCD TV that I inherited from a family member. It looks like a lot of great info and I look forward to poking around learning new things while contributing when I can. I'm going to try and turn my son onto this site as well - he's an up-and-coming electronics / robotics geek and may find it interesting in here.

Thanks!
                                  Kimberly

Comment

Hi everybody!

I stumbled upon this site after looking for some help with my tv that just recently started to have problems. Since I already have another tv which I inherited that has issues, I figure I would give it a shot and try to repair both of them at the same time. Probably not the best idea since I'm running out of space with the two of them disassembled...

Comment

hi guys/gals!

I hope I can find the answers to my problems with video cards and motherboards here!

Thanks!

Comment

This is MasterofMayhem!
                                        I'm postin this because I have to... Im lookin to pick a few brains of there BIOS chip burning knowledge. I have a motherboard that the BIOS chip is gone and wanna replace it with a different one.
                                        Anyways, I can honestly say this is the only forum I've ever been to that requires you to do this in order to post a new thread and get full acces or whatever!! But Im intio it if I will learn anything from this!!

Seriously a little about me because I cant help myself, Im from Sarnia Ontario Canada and am currently residing in Abbotsford British Columbia right now. I back packed it out here last year and it was awesome. Well this is boring already so thats it!!!

Comment

Up unitll today i didnt knew about this forum. I am pleasantly surprised, i think im gonna hang around here. Hi to all

Comment

Working...
                                          X