• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42LV3500 trips circuit breaker

I'm takeing it appart as we speak.

Comment

That shit is nerve wracking lol. Good luck and let us know what you find if anything.

Comment

There is only one strip divided in two. Three wires go to each end. Red/Black and White wires.
        All the LEDs turn on and stay on until the TV shuts off.
        I begin suspecting the PS, since it was very cheap, $44 shipped from partsstop.com. Never heard of them before.

Comment

While it is on HDMI 3 input I can't control the TV at all, none of the touch buttons are working.
          I have plugged in a source at HDMI 3 input and it doesn't show any picture either.
          It must be a mainboard, since I don't have control over the TV and I don't have signal coming out, no?
          I don't have a remote for this TV yet, if I need it I can buy it.
          How could I reset this TV, or go into service menu, anybody knows anything?There is a Power up boot check in the service manual and I went through most of it, other then clock frequency, IC,403/405/407(IC402 has the 2.5V), LVDS output/12V.
          Check Inverter Control & Error Out
          P403 18 Pin: High
          P403 24 Pin: Low
          If it's OK change Module, which Module?
          I have High and Low.
          Then I should change the "Module" but which one is that?

Comment

Panel I think

Comment

I have disconnected the two ribbon cables, going to the panel and the TV still re-booted.

Comment

Nobody can help me?

Comment

Should I disconnect the mainboard and jump the PS with a resistor, to see if it stays on?
                  It has a 3.5V stanby, a 1K resistor should be fine?

Comment

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what should I try next?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                      Should I disconnect the mainboard and jump the PS with a resistor, to see if it stays on?
                      It has a 3.5V stanby, a 1K resistor should be fine?
                      3.5v standby ? Is that what it should be ?

Comment

Yes, every voltage seems right and still turns on and off. I'm thinking it's maybe an EEPROM issue?
                        Power supply it was purchased only from parts stop, I have no idea who they are and how good are there boards. The voltages are there and the TV it turns on at least. Before it was dead.

Comment

Did you try jumpering the PS yet then ?

Comment

Not yet, I was very busy with other TVs and audio receivers, I have 5 Harman Kardons to repair. One is done. A Yamaha is in it's way.

Comment

I have got a mainboard, but I have got the wrong model, by just guessing which board I have. Stupid of me.
                              The power connector did not fit, so I had to do some trimming on it. everything else was OK, other then some side inputs are different then the original board.
                              Eventually I managed to plug the connector and turned on the TV.
                              TV turned on and staid on, which is great, but to my surprise the image is up side down, yes you are reading it right.
                              It seems, like this board is from a 32LV4500 TV.
                              There is anything that I could do to correct this problem, other then turning the TV upside down?
                              I'm thinking of keeping this TV for myself, since it doesn't have a stand and remote. My other TV in the bedroom, is getting old(Samsung LN40A550).

Comment

Probably designed for a different panel, unless it can be changed in service menu I would say no it's not possible.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

How would you get to the service menu?
                                  On the TV there is no menu touch button, only Enter and Home. None of them will get me to the service menu.
                                  If I recall correctly, has to be pressed the menu on the TV and on the remote.

Comment

That's the only method I'm aware of.

32LV3500 manual:

seems to mention a factory remote as being a requirement
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Actually, it shows that it's a 32LK450-UA TV now.
                                      What kind of software should I use to upgrade it, if there is any? Can I use the 42LV3500 software?
                                      This board could be used for 42LV3500 too, but maybe as you said it may have another display the other 42LV3500 TV. side inputs are a bit different though, has three RCAs, the original doesn't.
                                      I have ordered a remote.
                                      I have another remote from the 42LD550, but I can't get to the service menu with that.
                                      This TV doesn't have a Menu button, only channel up/down, volume up/down, Enter, Home and Input.
                                      Where can I get panel datasheets for these panels, or any other panels?

Comment

I have panel datasheets on TomsServiceManuals.

I expect the config for the TV will be different from the firmware. That way one firmware works with all different TVs.

One thing you can try, if you feel like doing some fairly good SMD work, is to swap the flash chips and EEPROMs from one board to another. That would make 32" board into 42". But, if your original board had firmware/eeprom issues, it'd simply transfer the problem.

Comment

That is the problem, that I don't know what it was with the original mainboard.
                                          Turned on, showed the LG logo, then went to the HDMI3 input, stayed there for a couple of seconds and then it was rebooting.
                                          I think, that it could be bad EEPROM.
                                          So, you are saying that I could flash it with the 42" software?
                                          I'm wondering what would change, maybe nothing.
                                          I'm even thinking of trying to flip over the panel and try to mount everything back somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X