gateway le 1936 vga symbol shows and then turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gateway le 1936 vga symbol shows and then turns off

acquired a gateway monitor in great shape except when powered up goes to full screen with a vga symbol in the middle then shuts off from blue to yellow on power button. any input welcomed

Re: gateway le 1936 vga symbol shows and then turns off

Originally posted by HOSSTYLE View Post
    acquired a gateway monitor in great shape except when powered up goes to full screen with a vga symbol in the middle then shuts off from blue to yellow on power button. any input welcomed
    "This is no dress rehearsal....We ARE professionals and this IS the BIG TIME!"
    'Waylon Jennings Billy Bobs Fort Worth, Texas

Comment

Re: gateway le 1936 vga symbol shows and then turns off

oooooh kayyy...

Sounds like "2 seconds to black", causes include bad CCFLs, bad transistors, bad transformers, bad wiring and bad caps... among others.

Retiredcaps knows far more about this than I do. A good start would be to remove the cover of the monitor and post pictures of the inside. Don't attach them inline, use "Manage Attachments". Retiredcaps isn't the only one annoyed by this. The wifi in my room is poor, so pages load slowly. Adding images inline makes them slower.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X