Dell E152fpb power LED blinking on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E152fpb power LED blinking on and off

I have a dell LCD monitor model E152fpb. When I connect to power it starts blinking on and off. The back light comes on momentarily then goes off. Which components do I check? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Dell E152fpb power LED blinking on and off

Hey there smd. First things first open up the monitor and check the capacitors on the inverter/power board. Look for any bulging/leaking caps. That would probably be the first step. Also once you have the monitor open, get some pictures of it on here. One of the top and bottom of the Inverter/power boards. That way others may be able to spot problems that we would miss if we can't see what you're seeing. Also an extremely helpful guide to the two seconds to black problem can be found here - thanks to retiredcaps

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=133261

also when you upload pictures be sure to have them as attachments rather than inline or it will cause slower loading for the people trying to help you, sorry I cant be more helpful, but I will try and answer whatever questions you have until one of the skilled members of the forum arrives hehe :P
    Last edited by Demix; 07-26-2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Re: Dell E152fpb power LED blinking on and off

These monitors have a history of bad solder joints on the inverter transformers. When they fail, the driver transistors short, which can overload the power supply and result in the symptoms you see. As Demix indicated, bad caps can also cause this.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
      X