Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i take apart my viewsonic VA2231w-LED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i take apart my viewsonic VA2231w-LED?

Ok, well a little bug managed to crawl under the protective glass between my monitor and the glass. Before thinking i smashed the little thing. now i just see a dead bug in my monitor i cant do anything about.... So im thinking of taking it apart and using a can of air to get it out. DOes anyone know how to take apart this monitor? or have any other ideas on how to get it out? Please help!

Re: How do i take apart my viewsonic VA2231w-LED?

If you have real confidence in your ability to not break something, you may want to watch this: http://youtu.be/SZE_R8CPtM0. There is no guarantee that you'll be able to do the same exact thing to your monitor, but it does show how the housing works in general.

You may separate the two halves of your monitor housing by using a flat tool to pry them apart on the outside as shown in the video, or alternatively, you can start with lifting the inside edge of the front bezel (inside edge meaning the edges nearest to the screen) with your fingertips. As soon as one or two clips pop free, then you can do the rest normally. Also, to stay safe--if you're going to take anything out, do it with the screen face down, flat on a table, and remove the rear housing first.

I'm still looking for a schematic of your monitor, but it's likely the case that you'd have to open up the LCD panel itself--which could be an adventure.

Comment

Working...
    X