Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus MM17D no power

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
    Not exactly. It's between the two crystals, but it's a reset controller. With power applied, what is the voltage on each pin?

PlainBill
    "crystals", thats what i wanted to say.
    in respect to gnd:
    Vin 5,05V
    Out 0Volts. normal?

Comment

Originally posted by senndogg View Post
      "crystals", thats what i wanted to say.
      in respect to gnd:
      Vin 5,05V
      Out 0Volts. normal?
      Correct. It goes high to reset, the processor starts when the reset input goes low.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

please can you clarify me? is this broken? do i need an oscilloscope?

Comment

please can you clarify me? is this broken? do i need an oscilloscope?
          The reset circuit controller appears to be working. The voltage regulators are working. I'd say it's time to replace the signal card. It MIGHT be a bad solder joint, failed diode or transistor, etc but the odds are it is related to the processor (which controls the power LED).

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

thank you very much. part number is 715g1423 and its 17$ in ebay.

Comment

thank you very much. part number is 715g1423 and its 17$ in ebay.
              And how much would it cost to replace the Asus MM17D with a used one of equivalent size? I'm a typical American in one respect - I had only a vague idea of where Albania was before I looked it up, and that tells me nothing about monitor prices. To me it seems like a pretty good deal.

PlainBill

Comment

60$ for an used 17" lcd.

Comment

60$ for an used 17" lcd.
                  I'd say $17 would be a good investment. My rule of thumb is that if repair costs exceed 2/3 of the cost of a new item use it for parts. This can be adjusted depending on how determined I am to fix something.

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                    I'd say $17 would be a good investment. My rule of thumb is that if repair costs exceed 2/3 of the cost of a new item use it for parts. This can be adjusted depending on how determined I am to fix something.

PlainBill
                    agree! now i will wait and see if the customer will confirm this.

Comment

Working...
                    X