This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. Im from Slovenia, I repair laptop's and video cards for hoby (maybe in future this become my job) I got a 2.5 year's expirinece only with laptop's, before I work with desktops about 5 years

Comment

Hi, I'm from Troy, Michigan, working for one of the US car company (used to be called Big Three)! I'm an EE with 30 years of experience in various automotive electronics, CAN, LIN, and electric propulsion systems.
      I've build my own desktop PCs since IBM XT clone days, but I do not have patients to deep drive into ICs and caps on the motherboard to troubleshooting.
      I found this forum by Google search and I look forward to chat with you later.

Comment

hi all.... just signed in.....

Comment

hi guys i just signed in.... Found this forum trying to fix a "dead" LG LCD monitor....

Comment

HELLO

I Joined this forum to learn more about Laptop Troubleshooting.
            I'm from Phillipines,I have a laptop repair shop here in Philippines,
            but i'm not Good when it comes in mother board repair,especially
            no power, and identifying bad caps.

I found this forum Very Helpful.
            Thank you

Comment

Hi all --

Trying to teach myself electronics using the "make: electronics" book. Running into a newbie issue with my multimeter but I'll save that for another post

Comment

Hey guys I'm Travis.. nice to meet you guys.. came here to learn me some monitor tech

Comment

Just found the forum and am looking forward to the advice i can get for fixing the odds and ends floating around my tech dungeon corner

Oh reading others post i get the idea now,

Name: Dan
                  Interests: tinkering with anything! and anything unrelated to architecture!!!

current project - fixing a bust apple airport express power supply, suspect failed cap/vent cap - which led me here

Will get my stuff together tomorrow and post a thread with some pics.

until then

tata
                  Dan

Comment

Heya, L5k here. fellow newbie to electronics. picked up a couple half dead monitors & a shuttle barebones. learning to use a soldering tool on an old dead VCR. think i have the hang of it & will soon be diving into some recapping
                    anyway, ttyl.

oh yeah, about myself: i dabble and am fairly proficient in just about anything automotive, cooking, art, gardening, PC building, etc. 28 from UT, U.S.
                    Last edited by lightseeker5000; 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Just found this forum and am trying to repair a dell monitor that flickers slightly upon power up and then looks very dead. Looks like there's lots of interesting information on this site for LCD repair.

Comment

There must be some way out of here.

Comment

I just found this forum today. Looking to repair a "dead" shuttle SD37P2 that has had booting issues for months before it finally stopped. Thought it was the bios chip, replaced it and noticed that 4 caps were bulging, which is probably why i've killed 2 ram sticks in the last year it was running. It has been sitting in the corner since then and I've parted most of it out, but want to use it for a HTPC now.
                          Need to find out what caps I need to buy to replace 0603 RLP. I don't really want to replace the other sizes since they look fine, just these smaller ones have gone bad.... i think.

Comment

Just trying to figure out an issue with a Sharp TV.

Anyways my name is Bill and typically do computer work but every now and then I put my monkey level soldering skills to work. My solders don't typically look pretty but get the job done most of the time =)

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is julian and I just happened upon this site. I have always been instrested in electronics. I have a Hanns -G 28" monitor with a slight power on problem that I am trying to get info on.
                              Your site have lots of interesting information on LCD repair.
                              Oh yeah I'm from TX.

Comment

Hi guys, I just signed up. This looks like a great forum to ask questions and get help from knowledgeable people.

By the way, I'm from Detroit Michigan area!

Comment

Hi, new to this site. I see a lot of good info here. I like to dabble in electronics for a past time. Had some classes many years ago. Haven't worked a lot with the newer components. So I need lots of help. This form looks like a great place to get started again.

Comment

I only know how to do simple fixes. I learned by saying look everyone I fixed it. I would then proceed to plug it in and helplessly watch as the unit would smoke and the circuit board would go up in flames.......Needles to say I'm eager to learn from those who even know a little bit more than me. :]

Comment

Thanks for this forum! I've just ordered the capacitor set for my Jenn Air Range svd4860w - and am looking forward to getting my display working again. Hopefully it willl save me the $200 for a new display panel.

I especially appreciate the detailed instructions and great photos posted by 'WEBTALK" on 12/2010 (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...?t=7902&page=2)

I'm a woman - handled a solder gun just once -- but here goes !

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello Every one, Nice to meet all of you. I am hoping I will soon be savy enough to be a contributor

Comment

Hi, just joined to become part of the badcaps community...from the UK

Comment

Working...
                                          X