64 meg NVIDIA AGP card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 meg NVIDIA AGP card

Had some issues and pulled the card, but I can't decide if those 470 uF 10V caps are bad or not.

Did anyone replace caps like those?

Oh, and for some extra 'fun', they are surface mounted...

TIA
    Attached Files

Re: 64 meg NVIDIA AGP card

No need to replace them if the card works, they're polymer caps from a good brand.

Didn't get my "coffee" yet (9 am here) but if I remember correctly the circle logo belongs to Nippon Chemi Con / United Chemi Con which is a very good manufacturer.

Comment

those are not polymers, I can see the vent.

try a different card, same issues, not the card

issues go away, bad card, but not necessarily bad caps
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
        No need to replace them if the card works, they're polymer caps from a good brand.

Didn't get my "coffee" yet (9 am here) but if I remember correctly the circle logo belongs to Nippon Chemi Con / United Chemi Con which is a very good manufacturer.
        Actually those are nichicon... Keep 'em.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Yup. definitely Nichicon. The funny thing with those is that they often look somewhat bulged even when brand new. I think it's just something to do with the was they make the cans.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
            The funny thing with those is that they often look somewhat bulged even when brand new. I think it's just something to do with the way they make the cans.
            Vent stamped from the inside of the can (?!)

Comment

Probably. The grooves are not as easily visible on those as they are on other nichicon series like HM
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

with the angle of the photo, 'twas actually kind of hard to see the vent for the older members, not your fault you don't have 15/15 like me
                Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
                X