• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4KByte Sector HDD

http://www.myce.com/news/new-tech-bo...apacity-23485/
    http://www.wdc.com/en/products/advancedformat/

I think others will soon follow.
    This can be a challenge for data recovery tools, as well as Linux and PVRs.
    Last edited by japlytic; 12-13-2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: PVR/Linux compatibility
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: 4KByte Sector HDD

Overdue!! The need is 15 years ago already and missed for long time. What we really need is 64K sector, 256K sector even 1M sector.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

So this doesn't reduce the number of LBA's by 4X, just reduces the number of inter sector gaps and ECC per sector? Huh, given how many drives suffer from ECC issues that i've seen, i don't know if reducing the ECC bits and grouping them all together is going to help or not..

Comment

But, I hope this don't increase latency.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
        X