SyncMaster 223BW White Flickering Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SyncMaster 223BW White Flickering Area

I'm fishing for an opinion before I get too far into this.

The white area has a fast flicker, almost a roll from down to up.
    The far right side looks good. Can anyone hazard a quick guess before I look at the boards?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: SyncMaster 223BW White Flickering Area

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
    I'm fishing for an opinion before I get too far into this.

The white area has a fast flicker, almost a roll from down to up.
    The far right side looks good. Can anyone hazard a quick guess before I look at the boards?

Thanks.
    Bad cap or caps; by the description, some ripple is getting through. I'd suspect either the mains filter cap or the startup cap. If I'm right, you owe me 100 Quatloos; If I'm wrong, you owe me pictures of the power supply and signal boards.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      Bad cap or caps; by the description, some ripple is getting through. I'd suspect either the mains filter cap or the startup cap. If I'm right, you owe me 100 Quatloos; If I'm wrong, you owe me pictures of the power supply and signal boards.

PlainBill
      I'll bet 5000 Quatloos this newcomer is untrainable and has to be destroyed.

I'll crack it tomorrow and get pics.
      Thanks.

Comment

Syncmasters are well known for bad caps. Samsung quality shines through again. But it could also be a bad LDO or a bad LCD panel.

I had a similar problem with a Xerox LCD, except the entire display was affected. A good picture would show for 1-2 seconds, but it would then freeze and slowly fade to white. It had 7 bad caps...!
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X