Different Cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Cap?

Has anyone heard of a Hermei Cap before? These were in the power/inverter board of a HannStar monitor I opened up today. This brand was only on the large uf caps and the 100uf papa in the middle. The rest were Elites. I was wondering if they were considered good or bad.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Re: Different Cap?

Originally posted by killian6pk View Post
    Has anyone heard of a Hermei Cap before? These were in the power/inverter board of a HannStar monitor I opened up today. This brand was only on the large uf caps and the 100uf papa in the middle. The rest were Elites. I was wondering if they were considered good or bad.
    There are several threads to check here.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks Bill I had forgotten about the Bad Caps List. I have 2 other questions that you can help me with. I opened a HannStar monitor and started replacing the caps (this is where the Hermei's came from). One of the Heat Sinks had a flat top metal bar screwed down with the ends extending over the heat sink. There were two caps under each end of the bar. After replacing the caps and the bar I noticed that the bar touches two of the caps. Is the top of a cap electrically conductive and do I need to get the bar off the top of the cap?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Don't let it touch the capacitors - the heatsink could be at high voltage.

In the worst case, cover the tops of the capacitors with 2-3 layers of insulation tapes but you should be able to bend the fins a bit to make them not touch the caps.

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking about maybe putting a washer under the cover to keep it off the top of the caps.

Comment

Working...
          X