Looking for MOTHERBOARD MANUAL MS5191

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for MOTHERBOARD MANUAL MS5191

Any one have this old manual ,cannot find it on the msi site..

This is a fully working mobo and has a bloated cap ...just need manual to look at jumper settings and what not.

Cheers.

Re: Looking for MOTHERBOARD MANUAL MS5191

How about here: http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/manuals/MSI/MS-5191/

Comment

Thanks for the link..for some reason i went to this site but obviously i did not look hard enough lol.

Thank you

Comment

Can anyone tell me what are the right settings to try this 0ld mobo (it's just for practicing on ) but not sure what the settings on the SW1 should be and the jv1 setting..the cpu is a AMD-K6-2/500 AFX

Just need to check all settings before powering on ,so if some one can give me an insight it would be appreciated.The manual can be found on the above link but i am struggling to add it as an attachment as i am running ubuntu and and just getting my head around using this

Thanks in advance p.s not sure what the right settings i should use from the above manual.

Comment

here is a link to the old cpu

http://www.oldcpu.cz/CPU/AMD/K6-2/AMD-K6-2-500-AFX

Comment

According to the manual:

SW1 is used to adjust CPU clock frequency

K6-2/500 should be 100mhz Front Side Bus, with 5 multiplier, so for SW1:

4, 5 & 6 should be all set to Off, for 100mhz

1, 2 & 3 to Off, On, On for 5 multiplier

JV1 is the important one, controlling Vcore to the chip - not automatic with this generation, so a mistake could be fatal to the chip

A K6-2/500 is probably 2.2v - necessary Vcore will be marked on the processor's metal cover

Assuming it is 2.2v, you want a jumper only on position 2 of JV1

Triple check this advice, the manual, and your settings of JV1 - no responsibility if you fry your chip !
            better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Thanks for that got it working

Comment

Working...
              X