Philips 50PFP5332D/37 TOUGH DOG as they use to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 50PFP5332D/37 TOUGH DOG as they use to say

Ohh yeah and you got nothing, so the Psu is at fault. I presume you had the mb totally disconnected ?
    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-22-2016, 10:28 AM.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      Ohh yeah and you got nothing, so the Psu is at fault. I presume you had the mb totally disconnected ?
      Yes, totally removed from the set.

Comment

Look at the two isf104, d8028 and d8031

Comment

Originally posted by tikito View Post
          Look at the two isf104, d8028 and d8031
          Hmm..D8031 is shorted, tested in and out of circuit. D8028 seems to check like a good diode. What do you think? D8031 shouldn't read shorted, right? Sure bet to replace the power supply board?

Comment

Why not replace the diode since you've found a fault and continue fault finding if necessary it that doesn't resolve the problem.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              Why not replace the diode since you've found a fault and continue fault finding if necessary it that doesn't resolve the problem.
              Well, I could I suppose, but I doubt that single diode is the only problem. Don't you think the odds are that more parts are bad or the diode would just short again? I figure if I can replace the board for $90.00 and it cost me $12.00 for the diode (part plus shipping), then might as well replace the whole board...? Otherwise, I might end up at $90.00 plus $12.00 and then there's all the time to consider. Time is money, ya know.
              Last edited by Truncatedhose; 07-28-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Might be best to replace it tbh if your not that confident in it. Also theres two types of Psu for this set a green pcb one and a yellow pcb one the yellow on is more reliable but you will need to recap it before use.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

For me knowledge and understanding about how things work is very important,i dig a lot on this board few months ago and only found this diode as a problem,however every case could be different.
                  At this point is your decision,good luck and inform us about final result.

Comment

I just got a power supply and replaced it. The set works now. Thanks for all the input and help!

Comment

Good work

Comment

Originally posted by Truncatedhose View Post
                        I've been trying to figure out this 50" plasma for a couple of weeks. This one is stumping me because I've not seen this symptom and this TV doesn't have puffed caps like I usually see with this model.

Upon plug in, it attempts to power up, relay clicks a couple times, seems to go into shutdown, the led on the front doesn't light up. There is an LED on the power supply board (location: LED8001) that blinks green 10 times. According to the chart printed above that, it says: PROT. UVP: 8V6 VSND_POS, VSND_NEG. I don't know what this means. I've downloaded the chassis EJ3.0U PA service manual from Elektrotanya, but can't find reference to this LED or error code. Maybe someone else can? I tried to get a training manual linked in another thread on badcapsforum, but it wasn't available any longer.

Things I've tried/things I know:

---I found a thread talking about running test patterns off the logic by placing jumpers on it to see if the logic or main is causing a problem, but the result was it still shutdown with 10 blinks on the power supply board. I tried replacing the logic anyway and same symptom. I put the original logic back in.

---It has 5 volts standby

---I don't think it tries to develop VS or VA, but I can retest if anyone wants an exact report on what it does, but it didn't seem to even nudge my Fluke during it's power up attempt.

---I think I had tried unplugging the Y-SUS and Z-SUS to see if it would come out of shutdown, but I don't remember if that changed anything; I don't think it did.

---I can't find any bad fuses on the power supply, Y-SUS or Z-SUS

Any ideas out there? I usually am able to figure these out, but I'm stuck on this one.

Thanks so much!

I will post 8 pics of the TV and boards.
                        Had this same problem with light on y sustain. i end up with a bad upper buffer

Comment

Working...
                        X