LG 60v400 display problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60v400 display problem

Both drive ICs located here will need to be replaced or you will blow your replacment IGBTs
    Attached Files

Comment

There's 2 or 3 more igbts that need changed out but they are the same part number as the ones I've pointed out.

After all that make sure you use a 200w lightbulb instead of the fuse. Incase something else has been missed but that's usually it.

Comment

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr73561...repair-kit.htm

Posting from work, haven't completely read through all replies/ understood the terminology. But would this kit be what I'm looking for?

Comment

Yes that should do the job.
          ��

Comment

Right on, thanks Hamie! Then after that is it necessary to replace the z buffer as well?

Comment

Is it just me, or do these look really bad? Still repairable?

Thanks guys, i just don't know these things..
              Attached Files

Comment

One more. . . I Bought This Kit but I Can't Find Where Some Of These Are On The Board. Are They All Necessary To Change? (sorry For The Weird Keyboard Capitals :$)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drftoss View Post
                  One more. . . I Bought This Kit but I Can't Find Where Some Of These Are On The Board. Are They All Necessary To Change? (sorry For The Weird Keyboard Capitals :$)
                  Just Realized The Smaller Pieces Are Packaged Together. . D'oh

Comment

That is simply Fucking Shocking that a set-maker can make and sell this shit--And get away with it!

Its Pure neglect in the design of that board and using parts that are clearly under rated for the job they are doing.

Just look at the charring on that board!!

Damned thing is a fire waiting to happen.... Cheap, not so cheerful, Crap.
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Yes it really sucks. Thought this was going to be a quick and simple fix.. Was told today that there's nothing left to solder to. Agree?

Comment

There's heaps left there to solder onto. Just clean off the burnt solder\soldermask around the hole, and scrape some of the good soldermask back to expose more copper.
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

You don't generally need to replace the entire kit, however there are 2 reasons you should absolutely replace the entire kit.
                          1) The kit provides you with parts that commonly fail. If you only replace some of them, the others will fail soon. The IGBT's and resistors go out due to the cracked solder joints on the inductors, however the 8 pin ic's can go out on there own without any other problems on the board. So why not change them if you can.

2) trouble shooting all the parts to know if they are good or not will take you longer than just replacing them, so why not just replace them all.

Lastly, if some of the board is burnt and you are not able to find exposed copper, you can go ahead and scratch the board to expose more copper, however you will want to be careful when doing this as I have seen to many people scratch way to much and rip off the copper they were scratching for.
                          Also just a heads up but the belly of those 8 legged IC's are glued to the board.

Comment

Okay now gentlemen, this is what i just had done at the store. Likelihood of this causing an explosion/fire?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The reflow of the coils looks fine, however between the legs of the top middle coil and the top left coil there is a small blue capacitors leg that has a crack. reflow that as well. It shares the same pad as those coils so it gets overheated as well.

Comment

If you're not putting in a safety test lamp then you must replacing the drive ICs.

Only 1 of the several of these models I've repaired have the drive ICs survived the blow out.

Comment

Working...
                                X