VP2030b Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VP2030b Flickering

The VP2030b is a great monitor that I don't want to give up. I also have a newer VG2428wm that just doesn't compare.

My VP2030b started flickering last year but only when the screen was mostly white. When I changed the display to mostly dark, the flickering stops. Then after extended use, the screen would go black for a few seconds and then return to normal for several minutes. This repeating black out pattern would continue until I turned the monitor off for a while as if to let it cool down. The monitor returns to normal after restarting but eventually goes back to flickering and then the eventual brief black outs.

I've disassembled the monitor and examined the board, but I'm not sure if capacitors are the problem. None are apparently bulging. Are there other possible explanations or is my next step to submit a few photos?

Thanks for any help.

Re: VP2030b Flickering

Originally posted by Tatu View Post
    None are apparently bulging. Are there other possible explanations or is my next step to submit a few photos?
    1) Caps don't have to bulge in order to be bad.

2) Yes, post clear focused top down view photos of all your boards following the instructions in my sig file below exactly.

3) Do you have a multimeter and are you familiar with taking DC voltage measurements?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
    X