Could use some help, trying to fix HP 1940 LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could use some help, trying to fix HP 1940 LCD

You worked too hard. Pins 1 and 3 are connected internally. For anyone else doing this, simply test 2-3, 2-4, and 3-4. This test is simply to determine if there is a short.
    allright i'll try to remember that.
    So if I understood you right, #1 is broken, and therefore I should replace all 4 c5707?
    The J598 goes back into the board?

Comment

I wont be able to reply again until on monday, so just blast your thoughts at me

P.S. I wish that the edit button didint have time out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by playman View Post
        So if I understood you right, #1 is broken, and therefore I should replace all 4 c5707?
        If Q808 is bad, then Q809 is its companion. Look at your board and you will see they work in pairs. So if Q808 is bad, Q809 should be replaced as well.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

If Q808 is bad, then Q809 is its companion. Look at your board and you will see they work in pairs. So if Q808 is bad, Q809 should be replaced as well.
          yeah ofcourse how silly of me
          allright they have all been replaced now.
          Is there anything else I should do or test before I screew it back in and power it on?

Comment

Update!

Well I just repacked it and plugged it in for testing, with 2 fingers crossed and other
            hand ready on the socket

So now i'm just going to fully assemble it and leave it on for awhile, and see if it will continue to work.

Now I should be able to fix the rest of them.

thanks every one for inputs and help

With regards
            Johannes

Comment

Hello.Can Anybody tell me what kind of transistor is in q885.Becouse mine was so burned that I could not read the inscription on it.Thank you in advance for your help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rqbwins; 04-02-2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rqbwins View Post
                Can Anybody tell me what kind of transistor is in q885.
                It is might be fu9024 (the same one as to the right of T802 and left of the big cap).

These Benq boards are infamous for having bad solder joints on the inverter transformers, shorted c5707 transistors, shorted fu9024 mosfets, and blown picofuse.

See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8598
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Already answered
                  Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                  Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Thank you for this quick reply.I would like to bother you guys with one more question.Which of the following transistor should I buy?

1:IRFU9024 IR CI -ROHS-
                    2:IRFU9024NPBF TRANZISTOR MOSFET,P I-PAK -55V-11A
                    3:IRFU9024N IR HEXFET(R) POWER MOSFET 55V/11A38W -ROHS-

Comment

They will probably all work the U9024 is the important bit.
                      Where are you looking at them - digikey/mouser/elsewhere.
                      If the first two there will be data sheets which will give you an idea of the differences - it is usual package/ size/ manufacture or even just local product identification.
                      You need to check that you get one the same size as you have.
                      You need to get the correct mounting - surface or through hole

For example IRFU9024N is the standard the PBF means it is lead free
                      I-pak is the package style

If you look here you can find the package style you need
                      http://www.irf.com/package/pkhexfet.html
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thank you for this quick reply.I would like to bother you guys with one more question.Which of the following transistor should I buy?

1:IRFU9024 IR CI -ROHS-
                        3:IRFU9024N IR HEXFET(R) POWER MOSFET 55V/11A38W -ROHS-
                        You can purchase a repair kit from a Romanian seller on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-KIT-E...item19cebe40e0

Comment

Thank you for your help.I will post tomorrow how it turns out.

Comment

On the back of the panel I have 2 diodes of the same kind.Can someone tell me what kind of diodes are ?
                            I changed the tranzistors and ewerything else but I am having the same problem.
                            One of the diodes from the back seems to be blown.

Comment

Can you post good clear pictures of the front and back of your boards
                              with a close up of the area with the diodes on.
                              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

There it is
                                Attached Files

Comment

Those seem to be caps for me. The one on the bottom of the board says C819.

Comment

Picture is poor in comparison with your earlier ones. Cant even read the board numbers
                                    for the parts. Nevertheless I think thay may be SS24 SMB 40V 2A is that what they look like?.

Please take note about the resoldering of the boards - if you dont do it it could blow all you have
                                    put in.

@Nocta the cap is just below the diode.
                                    Last edited by selldoor; 04-05-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Here are the new photos.Hope that you can see better on this pictures
                                      Attached Files

Comment

That is a much better picture - still cant read what it says on them perhaps you can and post it. Did you check them - The traces nearby would give me some concern - do they
                                        still conduct?

Comment

Here are the new photos.Hope that you can see better on this pictures
                                          You never did say what problems you're experiencing. Can you please give us a more detailed description of the problem? Does the power led remain on? Do you get 2 seconds to black? A complete description of the symptoms helps members point out things to check.

Comment

Working...
                                          X