Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! need to solder the wire to the TAB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help! need to solder the wire to the TAB!

If conductive strips has the same space with the LCD screen TAB, then this is easy as 123 just cut a piece of 3M conductive adhesive 9703 tape and TAPE on IT.
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-10-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pudgi300 View Post
      The 3M conductive adhesive 9703 is doubleback tape that has conductive strips going one way. It is not paint
      Sorry, my message was for srhofmann about the rear window reair kit, but you posted while i was writing the message.

Comment

Capwizard dude .. Why don't you visit a car's electrician , the one who usually repair the heating shields on your glass car .. He might give you what you need

Comment

Been a few days since I have been able to get back to this thread, a lot of repairs came through, anyways I have spent quite some time using a microscope and scrap tab connectors, as suspected the tab substrate is substantially thicker one side with a thinner layer on other side. The way I have seen most tab on connectors configured is thin side down with the exposed copper traces bonded to the pcb or the glass panel.

While I have carried out flexi pcb repairs with unrelated electronics these had a wider pitch and tracks. With reference to tab connectors though I did find repeatable results could be obtained from the thinner side of the material with some distortion to the flexi pcb substrate however I had little or no success working from the side you would have to access on an assembled panel. If that makes sense.

I a not sure I would consider this a permanent lasting repair either as the soldering process badly distorts the flexi pcb material which is largely not intended for this kind of process.
          Last edited by llonen; 03-12-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

One genie tried to fixed this TAB. He folded the edge of the TAB and soldered it. But, My situation is completely different from his....
            Attached Files

Comment

diif ; You're right, it took 2 weeks came from China. I can't see any silver inside of it and the color look like soil. If no work I will return it. (Amazon)

So, I reordered this ReFaXi 0.2ML Silver Conductive Glue. pic3
              Attached Files
              Last edited by capwizard; 03-22-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I think you're wasting your time with cheap silver glue.
                Sand back the flex until it reveals the copper, tin the traces then solder fine wires to it.
                Like I did in this thread. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59062

Comment

That was A marvelous job, OK Your next mission is to fix the TAB attach to the LCD glass screen super fine copper traces...................

One question Please, Who broke that flex TAB copper traces at first place?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by capwizard; 03-23-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                    That was A marvelous job, OK Your next mission is to fix the TAB attach to the LCD glass screen super fine copper traces.

One question Please, Who broke that flex TAB copper traces at first place?
                    I did ,trying to avoid the razor sharp edge of the back panel.

I need to find a broken monitor but I accept your mission challenge.
                    Soldering to the board is easy, I removed the gold with a fibre glass pencil, tinned the tracks and soldered the same 0.15mm wire I used on the plasma.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A fibre glass pencil, Scratch Brush, I never heard that in my life. Thank you for let me know it is exist.

I always use a razor blade to scratch the PCB which let me feel awkward and dangerous(will need more super glue) and Diamond bit Dremel is hard to control.

The fiberglass brush does a good job at removing coats and cleaning the surface of the material you are working on. I use it to clean PCB tracks prior soldering, it just works great.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by capwizard; 03-23-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Yes, Silver Conductive Glue works.

Pic2 ; It has a short, no problem use needle take out.

Pic 3,4 : ...Works, but TAB IC already damaged................................ Only needs 1/4 drop glue to finish the job so buy the best quality Silver Conductive Glue.

Hope! Someone will find out which Silver Conductive Glue is best for our application. My glue looks never will get harden.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by capwizard; 03-27-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

You may want to put some UV curable solder mask over that area when the connections are repaired. I usually use it on my iPhone board repairs when i'm running micro jumpers(it keeps everything in place and prevents shorts) but it may work well in this application as well.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hellfiya; 04-03-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X