Strange 2 seconds to black issue - Dell P2210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange 2 seconds to black issue - Dell P2210

I recently purchased 4 Dell P2210 monitors - 2 with dead pixels/panel issues, and 2 that didn't stay on- I assumed power/inverter. My plan was to swap the power supply/inverter board from the panel issues monitors into the monitors that wouldn't stay on.

Unfortunately, the monitors that experience 2 seconds to black experience it regardless of power supply/inverter. I've installed a known good power supply inverter board in both of the monitors that didn't stay on, and it didn't help. I even swapped the supposedly bad power/inverter boards from the 2 seconds to black screens, and they worked fine with other panels.

So the problem occurs regardless of power/inverter board- is it a CCFL backlight issue? If yes, is the most expedient way to fix these to swap backlights? Thanks!

Re: Strange 2 seconds to black issue - Dell P2210

Have you checked with a flashlight to see if it's displaying something after the blackout of the backlight. if you see something then maybe is just the ccfl's dying. But don't know I'm kinda new with monitors

Comment

Originally posted by Drack View Post
      Have you checked with a flashlight to see if it's displaying something after the blackout of the backlight. if you see something then maybe is just the ccfl's dying. But don't know I'm kinda new with monitors
      Yes, there is an image displayed, just no backlight. So with a known good inverter, the backlight still dies.

Really didn't want to go through the hassle of swapping out CCFLs...

Is it probably ccfls?

Comment

Unplug suspected bad bulbs, and plug in good test bulbs. If test bulbs light up and stay lit then your suspected bulbs are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
          Unplug suspected bad bulbs, and plug in good test bulbs. If test bulbs light up and stay lit then your suspected bulbs are bad.
          I figured this would be my course of action. Oh well, at least I probably will get two monitors out of this for not much money at all.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X